Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavenger View Post
Now most states require only a min of $10,000 in liability insurance. In mscuddy's case that is all the driver had and mscuddy settled out of court for that.
More and more states are requiring $25k in liability. My own Agent (State Farm) recommended double that to me - reason being that there are a LOT of vehicles out there worth much more than $25k, and it's only like 10% more to double it.

And in mscuddy's incident, the driver had NOTHING - it was $10k from a State-run fund that he accepted, IIRC. It was that, or a very high chance of nothing at all.

I'd still feel like Murder, or at least a good maiming............
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2007, 05:14 AM   #12
squidwardo
Founding Member

My folks were hit on my dad's bike a while ago, and the guy who was driving was a yound, inexperienced driver, with no money and no insurance. My folks got totally hammered on that deal.

I often wish that actual driving skills were taught and encouraged, and not just learning how to pass the test, but I keep forgetting that U.S. citizenship guarantees the right to drive a car. It must have been made an ammendment to the Constitution, because that's how everyone seems to act. As for a mode of transportation that actually requires skill and knowledge, like motorcycling, well we are just stupid for not swathing ourselves in a steel cocoon and allowing the car to park itself.
squidwardo is offline   Reply With Quote