Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   NY Revenue Generating Laws Effecting Motorcycles (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/5833-ny-revenue-generating-laws-effecting-motorcycles.html)

BrowningBAR 07-06-2007 08:28 PM

NY Revenue Generating Laws Effecting Motorcycles

Although the noise code legislation was signed by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg in December 2005, giving the city 18 months to prepare, it has caught many people off guard, according to executives in industries that are directly affected. Calling for fines of less than $100 up to many thousands of dollars, it applies to a disparate array of noises from many sources.

Barking dogs, heavy construction, garbage trucks, nightclubs, personal stereos, poorly muffled motorcycles and loud air-conditioners are all covered.

A Good Day for a Mister Softee in Queens, Until the Noise Police Arrived - New York Times

--The article goes on to state that one of the first offenders was an Ice Cream truck playing it's jingle. I've heard Ice Cream truck jingles. EVERY motorcycle is louder than an Ice Cream truck.

seruzawa 07-06-2007 10:24 PM

An ice cream truck violates the noise ordinance? LOL! Welcome to pu$$yville. Oh boo hoo. I heard an ice cream truck. I saw my neighbor smoke a cigarette outside near my window. I'm gonna die of cancer. Oh boo hoo hoo. I'd better run to the govt!

Freaking pansy@ss society being run by the whiners.

testcase 07-07-2007 07:20 AM

Oh fer chrissakes... and THIS is why I don't understand WHY o WHY the leading presidential candidates for BOTH paries come from this hellhole...

longride 07-07-2007 08:34 AM

Maybe they should rename it 'New York Shytty'

mscuddy 07-07-2007 08:42 AM

..yes, but have you heard some of those ice cream truck jingles? The one in my neighborhood has a repetitive rendition of the edelweiss song, with what sounds like a Philippina nurse from Kaiser Permanante shouting "HELLO" every few seconds. It's like the ice cream truck from Hell.

But that's nothing compaired to the OTHER ice cream truck that plays "La Cucaracha" on what sounds like a harpsichord.

That's when I reach for my revolver...

bk6a 07-08-2007 05:34 AM

whatever

yet another reason i won't be going to new york anytime soon

mugwump58 07-08-2007 06:35 AM

Just a reminder

I come from the largest, area wise,congressional(sp?) district east of the Mississippi. There is more to NY than Westchester County and south. I vote NYC becomes a District a'la DC.

BrowningBAR 07-08-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugwump58 (Post 164723)
I come from the largest, area wise,congressional(sp?) district east of the Mississippi. There is more to NY than Westchester County and south. I vote NYC becomes a District a'la DC.

Oh, I agree. Upstate New York is excellent. Finger Lakes area is very nice.

silentgrayfellow 07-09-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugwump58 (Post 164723)

I hear ya, mugwump. I'm from Illinois (not Chicago). The rest of the state is overshadowed by the behemoth.

It is worse for New York, though. At least the we don't have millions of people living in "Illinois, Illinois".

longride 07-09-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow (Post 164851)
I hear ya, mugwump. I'm from Illinois (not Chicago). The rest of the state is overshadowed by the behemoth.

It is worse for New York, though. At least the we don't have millions of people living in "Illinois, Illinois".

Just remember, without Chicago, Illinois would be Iowa! Yuck! :wink: