Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Why not here? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4568-why-not-here.html)

sfcdjevans 06-12-2007 12:29 AM

Re: Why not here?

What are "you" guys gonna do if he goes?

pplassm 06-12-2007 04:54 AM

Um. They do around here. They just don't hang around with the 20 year olds.

longride 06-12-2007 05:52 AM

Re: Spread cheeks, remove head...

"How is it you are an Economist and an Engineer, and a Political Analyst all rolled-into one?"

Cause he says he is? When he has to keep telling you how smart he really is, it's because we somehow miss that point on our own. Intelligence isn't born out of a 'degree'. Some of the smartest and most talented people I know never had much 'schooling'. That shyt is built for the corporate bullshyt world, where ass kissing, lies, buzzwords, chest thumping, and a good-old-boy network get you far. I have a real good view of that world from where I sit, and I couldn't live one day with myself if I had to stoop to that crap to make a living. Thank God I have a skill and don't need to kiss ass to get ahead. His biggest fear in life is that someone will find out he has no real skill at anything, and his 'education' really has no bearing on what is important for a true leader. Too bad our whole corporate culture has degraded to that level.

anrajala 06-12-2007 06:44 AM

Re: A premium to buy American?

>Why do they sell 3 cruisers for every

>sportbike then?

Only in America my friend.

The reason for this is the same why full size pick-ups are biggest sellers in the US while they are not even imported to Europe. Zero. Or most of the other parts of the world.

The reason is the low self esteem of a regular American male. This makes them emphasize their manliness. I bet they would drive tractors if they went 100 mph.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 06-12-2007 06:51 AM

DonÂ’t call them pushrods. Even Chervolet calls them "cam in the block technology". Thus people wonÂ’t notice that they are looking at something that has gone the way of DC alternator elsewhere in the world.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 06-12-2007 06:56 AM

Corporate structure balancing the quarterly earnings over engineering is not a formula for success. Look at the car industry.

- cruiz-euro

boru4761 06-12-2007 06:57 AM

Nah. This dweeb bought the 675.

Buzglyd 06-12-2007 07:19 AM

I'd rather drive a 100 mph tractor than carry a man-purse.

HelterSkelter 06-12-2007 07:20 AM

Maybe but I'll take Triumph over HD,

(I own a couple of HD's)

seruzawa 06-12-2007 07:35 AM

Accusations of low self-esteem are pretty funny coming from europeans who cry to the govt to take care of them from cradle to grave.

Sounds like projection to me.