Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Best California MOtorcycle Roads (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4563-best-california-motorcycle-roads.html)

Kenneth_Moore 06-08-2007 01:05 PM

Re: Best California MOtorcycle Roads

That's easy. From Florida City down the Overseas Highway to Key West. Take the Card Sound Bridge road ($1 toll) instead of US1 for the first 20 miles. Be sure to stop at Alabama Jacks for conch fritters. Then head Southwest.

There's something special about riding for miles with nothing but water around you. My last trip we hit the 7 Mile Bridge around sunset. Way cool. BTW, every August Peterson HD sponsors the Key West Poker Run. It's three days, Friday through Sunday. They close off Duvall St. (Key West's equivalent of Burbon St.) at night and there's thousands of bikes to look at. It's coming up soon, make your reservations at the Key West House bed and breakfast. They have a closed yard in back to safely park your ride.

Kenneth_Moore 06-08-2007 01:09 PM

Re: Best FLORIDA MOtorcycle Roads

Oh gee, I guess this is open to Left Coasties only...never mind.

acecycleins 06-08-2007 01:13 PM

I live near Lake Lanier in North GA. I have two places that are connested to one road. Deals Gap is part of that and the most famous. But a route known to locals is called "The Loop". It runs GA HWY 9 to GA HWY 60 to US HWY 129 (below Blairsville, GA). It's just technical enough to watch guys wash out from inexperience, has a great view (mostly because the Chattahoochee National Forest in located in the heart of the area) and there are great little places to stop and eat or relax.

Fenton 06-08-2007 01:33 PM

I have 3 routes I can take from my house to starbucks and the half caf soy latte is to die for...

Seriously though, I really enjoy hwy 1 north of the golden gate. 89 running north of Truckee toward Lassen. I go fishing up hwy 49 off of 80 but have yet to take my bike for some reason.

I have a Tahoe, Yosemite, Morro Bay, Monterey, S.F. loop planned in July for some friends from back east. Can't wait.

Buzglyd 06-08-2007 01:54 PM

Won't a loop like that dirty up your Lexus?

mscuddy 06-08-2007 02:41 PM

Re: Bestus California MOtorcycle Roads

I usta like Big Tujunga Canyon early on Sunday mornings before the squids showed up, then up to Newcomb's for breakfast, then over the top to the 395, back through Littlerock and down Soledad Canyon to the 14 for a short stint, then Osborne Canyon, to Foothill Blvd where at the corner of Foothill & Osborne I'd purchase a 40 of Mickey's Malt Likker, drink it under the freeway overpass & wobble home.

Gonna miss that...snif....

Gritboy 06-08-2007 06:14 PM

In Northern Cal it's hard to beat highway 299 > 3 > 36 > 101 between Redding and Eureka, or 299 straight from Redding to Blue Lake for twisties if your bike has good range. Or further south, highway 49 between Downieville and Jackson ain't bad either. There are so many great roads in NorCal, but they're pretty busy with cars, so it's luck of the draw.

Fenton 06-08-2007 06:31 PM

Why you sonofa.....

I'll have the valet wash it for me.

bikerlarry 06-08-2007 07:56 PM

Re: Bestus California MOtorcycle Roads

Man, I love Mickeys! Talk about bringing back memories.

pplassm 06-08-2007 08:35 PM

Feckin' lefties. Lotta small stuff around here, but I'll be damned if I tell you guys about them. Too much pork already.

There's nothing here to see. Just move along......