Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   National (and beyond) Speed Trap List (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4561-national-beyond-speed-trap-list.html)

Fenton 06-07-2007 08:08 PM

Re: National (and beyod) Speed Trap List

The Napa one is pretty funny to watch. People just sit there waiting for the light to turn and then turn across 2 double yellows 50 yards from the light.

Most of the time the officer is just sitting there and could do the job on foot.

ksquid 06-07-2007 08:23 PM

They nailed all the traps I know about in WA and CO. Cool site..Beware on any freeway in Puget Sound WA the State Patrol use laser and air units (timing you).. So your Radar Roy detector is really only good for the back roads county mounty radar gun variety.On 18 when my laser detector goes off it's when I can see the mustache of the motorcycle trooper i.e too late its a becomes a ticket indicator.

sanfrdnsun 06-07-2007 09:33 PM

they dont use radar in the air units?

sanfrdnsun 06-07-2007 09:34 PM

also the radar in our vehicles has a hold function so it's not always on...soon as i see you doing over the limit i turn it on and, too late for you... your detector is useless...

SeanAlexander 06-07-2007 09:47 PM

Unless you take it off hold for a car 1/4 mile in front of KPaul, zap that car with instant-on, then go back to standby. The scattered reflections from that shot will most likely trigger KPaul's detector long before he drifts into your realm of terror.

Of course... setting off his detector is no gurantee that he'll have the reflexes to reduce speed in anything resembling a timely fashion. So, you probably still have a good shot at ticketing the poor schmuck.

-Sean

yellowduc_1 06-07-2007 10:18 PM

Re: National (and beyond) Speed Trap List

They are not LEO's, they are REO's... Revenue Enhancement Officials. In my local burg they won't respond to drive offs at the local fuel stops, but they are all over that 40 in a 35.

ksquid 06-07-2007 11:13 PM

Can you clear that up we had a wild argument here on MO. Folks here say it won't work. However, I think it can and have done the math to know that the error though significant is still good enough to alert ground units that the guy is speeding. Also I have a little spreadsheet that can compute the true speed given the aircraft's elevation and distance from the target. I think it's good enough for Government work (no offense).. It's basic high school physics and trigonometry but the GPTB thinks I am a Kook ,,

ksquid 06-07-2007 11:19 PM

Sounds plausible to me kracerboy...I find the county mounties don't even bother doing that sneaky stuff. i.e. My detector lights up way before I see them. I guess they think they can get enough revenue without being clever. Wish Sportbike_pilot was stilll around to explain the aircraft radar thing.. He has more patience and is more articulate and smarter than I. Hope he is doing well..

The_AirHawk 06-07-2007 11:28 PM

"It's basic high school physics and trigonometry but the GPTB knows I am a Kook ,, "

There. Fix'd that'n fer ya!

ksquid 06-07-2007 11:33 PM

LOL You are such comedian kchicken