Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   82-Year-Old Killed Trying to Slow Motorcycle (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4556-82-year-old-killed-trying-slow-motorcycle.html)

BrowningBAR 06-06-2007 02:39 PM

Re: 82-Year-Old Killed Trying to Slow Motorcycle

Can we stop with the death crap?! Any quick google search will come up with DOZENS of these.

Enough!

v4bryan 06-06-2007 02:42 PM

Anybody stupid enough to step in front of a speeding motorcycle is stupid enough to step in front of a speeding car: Darwin works in mysterious ways.

Bryan...why did it have to be a bike, though?

seruzawa 06-06-2007 02:44 PM

Not only that but the article is another example of the abysmal standards of reporting that passes for "journalism" these days. Who needs any real details? Just another blood and death lurid headline used to forward whatever agenda the publisher and editors want to push.

The_AirHawk 06-06-2007 02:57 PM

Last fall some old woman did the same - only she was armed with a pitchfork. Same results, too.

WTF is with people who believe it to be their "job" to police the rest of the country? These are the same people who will pull-into the passing lane and "park" there in order to "slow down them crazies out there on the highway" (and run at 5mph below the limit).

Oldfcuk; I have a posthumous tip for you: DON'T F'N STEP IN FRONT OF A MOVING VEHICLE. Oh wait - you already discovered that's a poorly-devised and executed (no pun intended) plan to slow down the neighbor's kid..................

Another tip for you backroad police-in-training: Don't throw objects at cars you believe to be speeding - it's a little Felony known as "Assault".

sarnali2 06-06-2007 03:00 PM

Too bad he didn't do it 80 years ago He probably already bred

pdad13 06-06-2007 03:16 PM

I think we can safely say that this was not a particularly well thought-out plan.

mscuddy 06-06-2007 03:56 PM

Re: Killed by Death

...was the kid riding a Vincent Black Shadow, wearing a hooded black cape and carrying a scythe?

I though these things only happened in Miami...

Kreb_Cycle 06-06-2007 04:32 PM

No sh1t, if he lived he should be prosecuted for attacking the motorcyclist. I'd be f*cking pi$$ed if I was that kid in the hospital.

schizuki 06-06-2007 04:46 PM

Holy crap. Motorcycles are dangerous.

Fenton 06-06-2007 05:24 PM

Didn't sound like he was killed "Trying" to slow down a motorcycle. Sounds like "Stopping" would have been the word of choice.