Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #41
hutch312
Registered Member

Default Re: Will Kawasaki bring back the ZRX?

Why did they drop the ZRX? Better yet why did they drop the Z750? The Z750 is such a slick bike. Kill the Ninja 500 & bring back the ZRX and the Z750 ($6k please)!!!! I think Canada still has the Z750 and I do beleive they got the cooler version of the Ninja 650 known as the Versys.
hutch312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #42
seruzawa
The Toad

And remember that 5800 Seattle miles is 5,800,000 miles anywhere else!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #43
donaldl
Registered Member

Has anyone got dyno numbers for the new Kawasaki Z1000? Any real test rides?
donaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #44
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Default Re: Don't distract them

I'll be representing MO at the Concours 14 launch at the end of this month. Stay tuned for our insightful and witty report, depending on how much we drink (creative purposes, of course...).
Old 06-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #45
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Though a great bike with tons of value, the Z750 just didn't sell. That's why it's no longer for sale, simple as that. As for the Versys, perhaps we'll get them stateside one day...
Old 06-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #46
earthspirit60
Registered Member

Ughhh!
earthspirit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #47
schizuki
Founding Member

"The RS3 stainless was on the bike when I bought it...Next in line is the holeshot jetkit..."

Add a Holeshot ignition advancer and you'd have the exact same set-up as my Bandit 600. Well, except I'm all Gen-X'y and sh!t, so I went with the carbon fiber.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #48
schizuki
Founding Member

"I stuck Givi boxes on it..."

OK, NOW it's just like my Bandit.

Sporty-standard-riding libertarians rolling with Yoshi pipe, Holeshot jetting and Givis. We must be geniuses.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #49
Gritboy
Founding Member

Forget the 1400cc... I want to see a ZRX600R or ZRX750R. Kawi motors have plenty of grunt even on the smaller cc machines and keeping it lighter would make lifting the front end even more enjoyable.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #50
manalagi001
Registered Member

Z750 discontinued in U.S. due to lack of demand. That settles the question of smaller bikes.

Now on to larger bikes: 1400cc is too much. Heck even the 910cc of the Brutale is considered by many to be too much for a short-wheelbase, upright bike. You can only stuff so much power into a chassis that compact without the bike flipping over at the slightest twist of the throttle.

Then price: $12000 is probably too close to what an exotic Italian naked can be had for.

As for retro looks, if you like them so much, buy a used bike!

I think Kawasaki is wise to focus their attention on the Z1000. It's more than powerful enough. It's a true successor to the z1 of old. It covers a lot of bases, and they can offer it at a very fair price indeed.

Personally, I rejoice at the choices we have, and am glad the Z1000 is in the mix. If I want a smaller displacement naked, I've got the new 675 Street Triple coming out. If I want retro, Ducati's got retro covered. And Triumph.
manalagi001 is offline   Reply With Quote