Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
ejis
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Ban In Manchester Lot

In a related story, Tina's Happy Endings Rest Stop is closed after a local called authorities concerned about a "strange subtance" oozing from the premises.
ejis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

One more of the many, many reasons I'm glad I live on the West Coast. A typical response here would be to have a few No Loitering signs and a cop doing drive thru's writing tickets for whatever violation they could think of. I can't believe you guys put up with this sh*t along with the overcrowding and totally anal state governments.

"Just give me land lots of land under starry skies above..."

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Discrimination much?

I think that banning a certian group of people due to their choice of transportation is just as bad as banning them due to their colour, creed or sexual preference. I can't imagine it being legal.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
pdad13
Founding Member

I don't know, it's private property and if there are a bunch of asshats stunting and taking up lots of space all night, BJ's has a right to take some action. Of course, I don't know what's actually going on there and I don't see how they can single out just motorcycles. Arrest and tow? Sounds like a questionable business decision.

BJ's is a large wholesale club similar to Costco and they've probably got a big parking lot. But if they're finding that a lot of riders are interfering with their business in a significant way--remember there are liability issues here, too--then they're going to feel compelled to do something.

We do seem to have a growing problem in the Northeast with some real idiotic riders. I think it's time that we speak up when we see members of the "community" making it worse for all of us.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
schizuki
Founding Member

It's not discrimination if it's based on behavior. As this clearly is. How many people are going to BJ's after 6 on a bike to shop? You can't fit a 24-pack of mayo on the average pillion.

It's private property that people are using as a hangout. Annoyingly. Am-scray.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
sanfrdnsun
Registered Member

you're right...banning people due to illegal behavior should be illegal. ban jails, prisons, court systems now
sanfrdnsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #7
ksquid
Banned

Default Go West Young Man and kpaul's trip report.

Have to agree with sarnali glad I live out west... Seems like here folks like bikers and their money.
Now for kpaul's Trip report
[*]lunatic-fringe was right 123 was closed so I decided to follow a group of BMW riders and took 410 over Chinook pass to Yakima.[*]Chinook Pass reminded me of real moutain passes in Colorado like Burthod and Loveland Pass.[*]We stopped a few times and I started talking to them (surprised).. These guys were serious Iron Butt types with BMW twins..[*] Even though my Kawasaki 01 was judged by MO to be a good sport tourer compared to the VFR back iin its day .. I saw first hand the BMW low end torque advantage they could roll on off where I was in either in to low or high gear going up the pass.. Maybe a lighter rider or a couple hundred ccs would of done the trick.[*]Anyway great trip. Arms aren't sore yep maybe the 5 times a week of 40 min on the Precor ellipitical I got for my birthday last year are working.. butt got numb though.

kwave index

BMW riders who wave 100%

Sporbike riders who waved 100%

Metric cruisers who waved 100&

Harley riders who waved 80%

HD riders 100% east of the mountians in Ws (red-state) terrirtory near Yakima. HD riders very friendly out there. Probably lack of the Rich Urban biker was why

[i]Need two bikes now a real sport tourer and a sport bike..Have to go to St. Louis and Chicago these next two weeks so if you don't hear from me... have a good week.

[b][i]

kpaul sez go west young man

Lots of friendly places here in WA for bikers. East of the mountains the places say it on signs bikers welcome..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
ksquid
Banned

ditto for me WA is such a pretty state and for the most part biker friendly.... Think I'lll retire east of the mountains... Have a good week sarnali..
Old 06-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Go West Young Man and kpaul's trip report.

Fixed Link
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

All those darn kids need is a community recreation center. If we all head down to City Hall next month, we can ask the Mayor and the City Council to put together a plan for an indoor basketball court, some pool tables, and a big frikin parking lot where they can do their stuntz. Heck, when I was a kid we'd just hang out in front of the 7-11 smoking dope and blasting our 8-Tracks. Our kids deserve better than that!