Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #31
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: What is Your Secret to Good Cornering ?

Well, I didn't designate which freeway. Personally I think 405 is more dangerous than either, especially right at the beginning of it in tukwilla where there are lots of exits and entrances.

Also, on 99 (especially in the sections where there are lights and cross streets) people are expecting change; they're not complacently zooming along. And they don't go 75 mph on 99 either.

Easiest does not mean safest. When rush hour is just beginning cars are packed together tightly, but still moving fast. Everyone is trying to get home quickly before the traffic gets worse. It's impossible to keep space in front of you because someone will keep filling the gap. Also, inevitably someone in front of you will slow up. Often it's hard to have an exit on either side since the traffic is tight. Just the other day I was in this situation and almost died of fright when a truck skidded to a stop behind me and a van skidded behind him; I watched in my mirrors are he skidded; I put my bike between the car in front of me and the one to the right but I still fully expected to be rammed into.

Once it becomes slower it's not as bad, but I really hate tight fast moving freeway traffic.

Anyway, go screw yourself.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Explaining yourself to an idiot? Bad! Hell, all I need to do everything to set up a race at Willow Springs that he challenged me to. Maybe I can pay his expenses to get there too. He likes standing up to bullies ya know......as long as that bully is 2000 miles from his face. Too bad I never heard a peep from him when he was only 10 miles from my house that he has never seen, but knew how much I made because if it. Remember, he's just a joke worth referring to, but never respond to it directly.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #33
ksquid
Banned

I'll pay my way.. My wife wants to come as well.. She thinks you are bully too... I only call you one cause you always refer to physical violence i.e how you want to punch me etc... I was only in Chicago for a day... and a night..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #34
ksquid
Banned

That doesn't make sense. Hell 405 is only 3 lanes and one is HOV... I-5 has 4,5 sometimes 6 lanes etc.

I think sarnail could be a good judge of which freeway is harder.. Too me 167 and 405 are easier compared to I-5 because they have less lanes less shyt can go wrong.. 405 is somewhat worse than 405 cause of all the snotty SUV traffic on the east side..
Old 05-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #35
ksquid
Banned

Default Correction

405 is somewhat worse than 167 cause of all the snotty SUV traffic on the east side.. P.S. I have commuted on my bike on all three. I-5 was harder but still easier than 99
Old 05-02-2007, 12:14 PM   #36
ksquid
Banned

Excellent points.. Yep that branch caught be by surprise and screwed up royally trying to go around it..
Old 05-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #37
Jonniedee
Founding Member

Yes all suggestions are mot when there's a hiding pile of GRAVEL
Jonniedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #38
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You better watch LR. The lunatic is replying to his own posts again.

Let's switch it up for the "big race." You crack the jokes and I'll punch him.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #39
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I guess I was just clarifying my position to everyone who actually rides. The only part addressed specifically to him was the last sentence. But you're right, I shouldn't have wasted the energy.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #40
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

His wife is coming to the 'big race' too. I guess she wants to see what a man looks like.