Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #141
sanfrdnsun
Registered Member

Default Re: Social Responsibility vs. Dollar Figures

His point was alot of people think of the .22 round as not being harmful, compared to larger calibers, hence the expression, "it's only a .22" as if it won't hurt you. quick real life story about the murder of Trooper Mark Coates, South Carolina Highway Patrol:

-----------------------------------------

Corporal Coates was shot and killed after stopping a car for weaving in traffic on I-95 near the Georgia border. During the traffic stop the suspect began to struggle with Corporal Coates and they both fell to the ground. The suspect fired a .22 caliber handgun into Corporal Coates' chest, but the round was stopped by his vest.

Corporal Coates was able to force the man off of him and return fire, striking the suspect five times in the chest with his .357 caliber revolver. As he retreated for cover and to radio for backup, the suspect fired another shot. The round struck Trooper Coates in the left armpit and traveled into his heart. The suspect survived the incident and was sentenced to life in prison.

-----------------------------------------------

understanding yet ksquid?
sanfrdnsun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #142
sanfrdnsun
Registered Member

Default Re: kwrong

If you compare violent crime rates, United States is on par with most other industrialized nations in the world. United Kingdom, which includes England, although having a lower murder rate then the US, actually has a higher overall violent crime rate. It is however hard to compare countries due to defining violent crime's in a different manner. However, there is one undeniable fact, and that is you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to this topic. The fact is, in the United States, over the past decade there has been a general overall decline in the violent crime rate, while you will see the exact opposite trend in the United Kingdom. I hope not all Boeing employee's work the way you do... I really don't want to see planes falling out of the sky due to lack of research and knowledge.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #143
sanfrdnsun
Registered Member

Default Re: kwrong

Oh, and it wasn't clear, "you" refers to the inept wonder ksquid
Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #144
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I guess you don't use the interstates.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #145
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I read someplace that more people have been killed by .22s than any other caliber. Most by accident, probably. Maybe not taken seriously enough, I don't know. I know kids usually start off with them-at least they don't carry as far as bigger rounds.

Some of the mob guys use them, point blank, into your skull. They get through the bone going in, but don't have enough energy to bet out the other side, so they just sort of bounce around...
Old 04-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #146
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: sportbikes are the safest bikes

"Driving" is the word that gives them away, isn't it? You want to go left, you steer left.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #147
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: So, what would you do in this instance?

You Nailed it.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote