Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #121
Lopoetve
Founding Member

Default Re: kwrong

the hell we will. Tehy vote to outlaw it, you vote against. Do you think every biker out there will vote for that law? Do you really think something like that could make it through the legislature?

Shens.
Lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #122
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Social Responsibility vs. Dollar Figures

You haven't learned that bumping your gums has more value than doing something?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #123
Lopoetve
Founding Member

a 14 year old is not an adult, and beyond that, carrying a firearm into a bar is illegal in almost every state. But of course, it's good for an example, right?

Lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #124
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yep, got centerpunched by some nitwit in an SUV, didn't even see the a hole. I was just crusing along at about 30 mph. The XB9 was totalled, and the impact from the SUV broke all my ribs, shattered my left scapula and severed my spinal cord at the T12 vertebrae.

But I'm alive. Hard to take that I'll never fide again. It's been my life for as long as I can remember. Oh well. At least I can still drink beer.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 AM   #125
ksquid
Banned

Agreed but how many sawed off shotguns are involved in accidents or crimes not many...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #126
ksquid
Banned

kbashers.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #127
seruzawa
The Toad

You know, in the future they'll look back at our times and use the global warming hystreria as an example of how whole populations can be manipulated into taking completely insane actions. The GW freaks are every bit as insane as the brown shirts were in Germany in the 30's.

I mean, look at it, the world's foremost GW manipulator owns three homes, drives in SUVs, flys in a private jet and has a monthly utilities bill in the thousands. The fact that he isn't laughed off the stage every where he goes only demonstrates just how gullible so many people are.

I'll bet that Algore would certainly support tiered licensing. He's in perfect company.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #128
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I forgot about that, good point. 18 year-olds are the perfect customers for financing expensive motorcycles as well.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #129
tomk2
Founding Member

Nope, 100% wrong.

Most "Big 4" dealer / manufacturer finance programs now are basically unsecured revolving (credit card style) personal loans, they have no lien against the bike and don't care if you insure it or not.

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #130
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: I'll save LR the trouble.

Yes, they can decide to go fight in Iraq with m16's, they can decide to buy any kind of motorcycle they want.

At some point they're legally adults, in the US it's 18. Perhaps that number is the wrong one, but that's not what the discussion is about, no? We're discussing fully legally responsible adults and their legal abilities to decide for themselves what kind of motorcycle they want to buy.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote