Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: kwrong

- crickets -

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #22
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Me too, I've had employees that worked there in the past. Nightmare job for a good software engineer.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #23
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I'm at my best when I'm a d!ckhead.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #24
fumanchu
Founding Member

Default interesting

this is all food for thought. if only i were an insomniac, i could have studied engineering as well.

...oh well, in my next life.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #25
rpt
Registered Member

Default Re: Big Scooters: Economical, or Just Trendy?

you forgot gas prices over here.

60 mpg means 5ltrs/100 km.

nice, specialy when you pay 6 euros per 5 ltrs (7,2 USD / gallon).

we like scooters because they are cheap, solve some issues (parking) and smarter than liter hypersports as a transportation method.

this doesn't mean that "we like them", on a cultural basis.

they offer advantages, they can be fun and they can be the first step for the motorcycle world or, is another perspective, they can be the way of stepping down (or aside) from the ever faster trends of 600 and liter bikes.

however it's not an "cultural thing entirely".

custom bikes are, in my view, much more of those.

and of course, we are more than one country, after all ....
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #26
ksquid
Banned

Default No control alt delete in engineering or at Boeing coder.

That is such bull. First you are a programmer not an engineer buddy... You have never done real-time work so you don't have the any idea what kind of cool work Boeing has to offer. You are just a coder who would be lost in a real-time lab. Microsoft doesn't hire engineers they hire coders.. Reminds me of the time some idiot like you said that Microsoft Excel had more code than any Boeing airplane. A Boeing engineer reminded the idiot that the 777 had millions of lines of fault tolerant code. No rebooting the airplane coder

As far as ancient technology your assumptions are wrong there as well. I actually found folks using older technology at Motorola, ATT Wireless now Cingular, Verizon, Quest , all companies I have worked for when I left Boeing for a few years.

I think you have never worked at Boeing and the folks you have ran into are the folks that are eliminated during layoffs or worked in some boring areas. Keep in mind Boeing doesn't have a problem recruiting engineers unlike Microsoft.

Boeing is a much larger company than Microsoft in terms of the breadth of products

Interesting enough one of our IT executives was just hired by Bill Gates to be his CIO for his foundation

Keep trying coder you are not an engineer with an ABET degree in engineering.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #27
ksquid
Banned

Default Mr Programmer/Analyst

You are a coder or programmer. You are not an engineer. Actually there are some really great areas in real-time work. But you have to work with some hardware and you would be lost .. Go get an ABET accredited EE degree and talk to me then.. Go home with your tail between your legs cause your job is going to India.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #28
ksquid
Banned

I have only begun to fight...
Old 04-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #29
ksquid
Banned

I was too busy riding yeseter and today unlike you. i.e I rode 200 miles today. That's 2000 of Utah miles and 20,000 Chicago miles.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #30
ksquid
Banned

Really? Lots of folks like it . Smart folks. Folks with PhDs.Masters degrees etc.. Engineers, Scientists, CPAs, Lawyers, etc.. Too bad you didn't take the job... but kdumbo you know better.