Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default Re: Running from the cops. Anyone done it and gotten away with it?

"I'm kind of glad to have been slapped on the wrist for my carelessness"

and then:

saying it would have been futile to run, as though he would have if could have gotten away with it.

and then:

wanting to know about successful 'runs'

"got any good stories?"

Written by two different people or one very confused person.

And people accuse the police of negligence if an innocent person gets killed by an attempted runner!

Silliest post I've seen on this site.
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
S83
Registered Member

I agree.
S83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Hahaha, was just talking about this at lunch with a fellow miscreant...

The issue when running from the cops is, you have to disappear within the first 30 seconds of the chase, or the helicopter will be on you. Ride through a vacant lot, up/down public stairs, hide in bushes, etc.

Last time I ditched a cop, it was 1973, and I was on a Jawa 90. I went down some public stairs, and hid in a giant bush for an hour.

That pissed 'em off.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
cls
Registered Member

I have to go along w/silliest thread yet.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default As a matter of fact I do

I was about 14 and living in Vista, CA, population about 25,000. We used to ride our dirtbikes everywhere and would ride alongside the railroad tracks (on the dirt) to get into town or to a friend's house.

Sometimes we'd go out and ride around on the street to see if we could get chased. I was riding my Honda XR75 on the street returning home from a buddy's house when Johnny Law spotted me. He flipped on his lights and I took of toward the railroad tracks.

Recently, the city or the railroad had taken a telephone pole and laid it sideways across two mounds of dirt to prevent people from driving on railroad frontage.

I had the cop in high pursuit in that direction on the dirt. His green and white Chevy Nova sliding back and forth. I aimed my XR right at one of the dirt mounds which were about 3 feet high. I jumped the XR right over the top and never looked back. The cop had nowhere to go and had to give up his chase.

I rode straight home and parked the bike in the garage and shut the door. The cop patrolled up and down the street a few times but never found me.

Stick it to the man!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: As a matter of fact I do

I can remember when stopping for a cop was optional...

Ah, those were the days...
Old 04-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
SV650GLEN
Registered Member

Just remember that radio waves travel 186,000+ miles per second! I beat a cop in about 1963 in my Dad's 40Hp VW beetle. Yes I was going fast in a residetial area. Young kid *****smones going. You older farts will remember pulling out the two rear silencers to make the vdubs louder. Cop going the other way and in the rear view mirrow I saw his break lights on to make a U-turn. I took a few turns to our house, drove down our steep driveway into the garage where he couldn't see me and watched the cop go by.! I was verylucky!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I was driving a black honda civic through portland at 80 mph in the left lane of I5, saw the lights in my rearview 100 yards back, changed lanes in front of a big semi that had a black honda civic driving in front of it, then changed lanes again and slowed down so that the semi was between me and the cop, he passed the semi, I slowed down again and merged in behind the semi and he pulled over the wrong civic.

He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

A Barstow cop once told me a story about coming upon some kid doing donuts on the football field after one of their infrequent rainstorms. The kid saw him, and took off for the only opening available to him, since the cop had come in the way he came in, undoubtedly. The cop didn't know about this second way out, and didn't realize how much it had rained either. Stuck that think up to the axles in the middle of the field. The kid stopped just before exiting, surveyed the situation, and tipped up his visor just enough to shout DUMB F###KING COP! and rode off. While he was waiting for someone to come and rescue him, he had time to reflect, and could only conclude that the kid was right.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: As a matter of fact I do

You had to remember not to use your turn signals, though--it's sorta a dead giveaway on what you plan to do next. I cannot disclose how I learned this.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote