Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Running from the cops. Anyone done it and gotten away with it? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4414-running-cops-anyone-done-gotten-away.html)

Buzglyd 04-07-2007 08:42 PM

Re: As a matter of fact I do

Like riding in the back of a pickup truck!

Buzglyd 04-07-2007 08:44 PM

Re: Running from the cops. Anyone done it and gotten away with it?

Thank you for saving us from those evildoers driving ten over.

I feel much safer now.

seruzawa 04-07-2007 08:53 PM

I have good stories too. I'm not going to tell any of them. Let's just say that I'm very glad there is a statute of limitations.

sfcdjevans 04-07-2007 09:05 PM

Yup. Last fall I got pulled over for "agressive riding". Got the lecture about us kids, then he saw the age on the license, shook his head and "asked" me to please slow down. 30 years makes a big difference, I'm smart now, really.........And no I won't explain the ride in the snow today......

PoppySTS 04-07-2007 09:07 PM

since when are pigs enforcing bs speed limits the good guys?

priday 04-07-2007 09:25 PM

There's a lesson here......

DEE DE deeeee...

Don't try to run from the PO-leece in a FRIGGIN TRUCK!!!

-Rob

sanfrdnsun 04-07-2007 09:32 PM

haha i wouldnt have stopped him if he wasnt trying to get away from me for THINKING i wanted to stop him...

sanfrdnsun 04-07-2007 09:32 PM

never when speaking to dirtbags

fumanchu 04-08-2007 03:33 AM

jeez, guys. bagging on a police officer for doing his job (they don't make the laws you or i might disagree with - the legislature we elected does that. rather, the police have the thankless task of enforcing those laws); and then referring to police officers as "pigs," when sanfrdnsun is obviously a police officer. that's like using the "n" word in front of an african american. i'd expect a donnybrook if i talked to someone face to face like that.

by the way, happy easter, MOfos :)

Holy_Kaw 04-08-2007 05:42 AM

Re: As a matter of fact I do

I've been asked by Cops "Dale, why didn't you run?" several times. In Simi Valley, CA about thirty years ago the Cops AND the "Runners" kept perspective. Neither side would go overboard. I would tell them I was on reserve or tires/chain something and they would say "Stop speeding" and send me on my way.

I decided awhile back that the Cops were just bored... they welcomed the chance to "Hit the lights and punch it!" I'd probably feel the same way.

When everything was "right" I would run. At the time in CA the Cops had to maintain "constant visual contact" in order to write a ticket, when I'd break that contact (less than a minute later) I would stop and have a smoke. I'd wave when they would drive by and they'd wave back. Fun, Friendly, Civilized.

In the years since I've seen both sides up the ante to the point that "Running" is no joke these days. Guys crashing through roadblocks... Cops shooting and ramming Runners... As an old runner I'd bet there are some Cops that miss the good old days too.

Of course, EVERYONE knew that dealing with the L.A.P.D. was a whole new ball game... Had a buddy tackled off his Z-1 while pulled over for the Cops and choked to near unconsciousness... for speeding... He Should have run.