Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Running from the cops. Anyone done it and gotten away with it? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4414-running-cops-anyone-done-gotten-away.html)

sfcdjevans 04-07-2007 04:40 PM

Re: Running from the cops. Anyone done it and gotten away with it?

Ahem..... a long time ago, this was done in pick up trucks or jacked up cars on dirt road in rural....never mind, man that Duster was somethin' wasn't it.......

seruzawa 04-07-2007 04:56 PM

Since we're talking in the context of minor offenses like speeding you gotta know that the consequences of trying to run and getting caught are far far worse than a couple of points and a fine.

So ya gotta ask yourself, "Do ya feel lucky. Well, do ya? Punk?"

I get a speeding ticket about every two years. I take my medicine and pay up. It ain't worth a felony evading rap.

seruzawa 04-07-2007 04:58 PM

Re: As a matter of fact I do

They also were days when the penalties for every thing under the sun weren't so nasty. These days the stuff we did as teenagers that only got us a lecture and a ride home would get you locked in jail and forced to see a shrink.

sanfrdnsun 04-07-2007 05:01 PM

haha i'll laugh at myself i ever do that...

seruzawa 04-07-2007 05:22 PM

Ya know, ya gotta hand it to someone who could get away with evading the cops in freaking Barstow.

TheFox 04-07-2007 05:41 PM

Yo, Allcaps, what's the shizzle?

Paging Mr. Allcaps; Mr. Allcaps, you have a message waiting at Motorcycle.com, paging Mr. Allcaps...

--Foxy

TheFox 04-07-2007 05:44 PM

I have some great stories about very dangerous things. Just because it wasn't safe or wise doesn't mean it's not a great story.

I don't think he's looking for tips on how to run. I think he just wants to have a discussion about it and understand it, and that's what the internet is all about. Just because I know that people have run from the police and succeeded doesn't mean I'm going to do it.

--The Fox

ksquid 04-07-2007 06:56 PM

klame

kacid letting another another person take the fall for your crime is lame. From now on your name is klame

sanfrdnsun 04-07-2007 08:14 PM

I honestly cant believe this topic was brought up...I had an experience like this today. I'm traveling down a road in my jurisdiction when my radar pops two vehicles at 10 over...they pass me, and instead of slowing down like normal people do, i see the first truck accelerating away from the second truck. i hit rear radar and the guys accelerating ..11,12,13,14 over... up and up. i turn around, lights, siren. vehicle made two rights trying to lose me... unlucky for him his friend in the second vehicle was slower and i caught a glimpse of him turning. i pulled in between him banged the first guy. asked him where he was going, and it happened to be in the opposite direction of where he turned...laughed at him asking him why he was trying to get away, but he couldn't answer. another one for the good guys...

The_AirHawk 04-07-2007 08:27 PM

Sory mst mke ths bref - am rnin frm cops rt now - no tme for mre tlk!

Gottago!!