Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-22-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
jimmihaffa
Founding Member

Default Re: Tank Sports (Chinese bike maker) Tests Its First Ethanol Fueled Bike.

``After 7 months of research and development along with 3000km of road testing, Tank quality control has inspected and the research results in aspects of technology, safety measures, and performance,'' said Tank CEO Jiangyong Ji.

Translation, we can safely consume 15% of the available alcohol without being too inebriated to ride. Way to go boys, keep up the heady research!!
jimmihaffa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Tank Sports (Chinese bike maker) Tests Its First Ethanol Fueled Bike.

At least it looks like a normal bike as apposed to all of the enviro-crap that we've seen.

I'm all for alternative fuel, just stop making the prototypes look like Ed Wood props.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
bbtowns
Founding Member

Seems like the idea is limited by the availability of this ethanol mix. A quick search didn't turn up a lot of sources in the Portland area. Am I missing something obvious (like usual)?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
TomSmith
Founding Member

Maybe if the "Nascar Bike" ran on Ethanol it would be an even bigger success. I personally would prefer my Whizzer motorbike.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:01 AM   #5
TheFox
Founding Member

Yep, you're in Portland. Distribution of E85 is still low, mainly in the midwest where there's laws about it to help out the farmers who grow corn.

It's not going to catch on, so I wouldn't sweat it.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #6
anrajala
Founding Member

Who comes up with these catchy names like Tank Sports for gossakes. What kind of utterly incompetent commitee could have possibly dreamed it up?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Can I claim a "carbon neutral" lifestyle if I ride one of these?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
schizuki
Founding Member

Hey, just because it takes three gallons of gas to make one gallon of the stuff doesn't mean it won't catch on.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #9
schizuki
Founding Member

Don't forget that "raising awareness" counts, too. So if you write a letter to your newspaper about how awful Global Warming is, you get to burn more fuel.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #10
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

No. And your U.N. Carbon Credits Pay Back bill is past due. Please pay in full immediately or items in question will be repoed immediately.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote