Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Coverage

Seems that the "front-runners" made all the news, huh? There were some great privateer battles but not a word about them. If Fox/Speed were serious about motorcycle racing they'd run AMA races live. The VS Network (Outdoor was the old name) should lobby for the AMA contract. Bet they'd do justice to it. Although, they do run the SM schedule after the season has started, I believe that if the interest followed from Speed VS may just be the ticket to step up coverage of motorcycle racing in the US.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Don't say the word baseball, I still have some stuff to do todazzzzzzzz................
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well let's face it, the sportbike crowd is pathetic when it comes to supporting racing. The attendance is low and I'll bet the ratings are even lower.

I wouldn't expect Speed to lose any more money covering motorcycle racing than they already do.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #14
johnnyb
Founding Member

well after FOX broadcasts USGP live this year it will probly catch on bigtime, then we won't be able to go ever again bec. track will be packed with fat sunburnt Caucasians atop Winnebagos and Bounders groaning under weight of cases of Busch Light.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Yeah but the plus side is that we'll get to hear Big and Rich sing the National Anthem and Sammy Hagar wail "I can't drive 55" for the millionth time.

The glass is half-full jb!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
ewok1
Founding Member

Default FX

It's definitely a cool deal. But I admit I was one of the people saying fx is going to be dominated by the factories who can throw unlimited funds at the fx bikes. I guess I'm glad to be wrong.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #17
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Pirelli Wins its First Daytona 200 with a Podium Sweep.

I dunno, watching the three Hondas run dry was a seriously "WTF!" moment.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #18
gas_pig
Founding Member

1) Yes, I saw a gold 675 a few times (but that's it).

2) Yes, one of the Buell's was mention right after it crashed (or perhaps just "left the track").

3) There was some talk about crews running pit stop practices during Supercross the evening before.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #19
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Didn't see it coming, can't say I'm not pleased. Congrats Pirelli. Not a bad Daytona for Kawasaki.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #20
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

That is true, but it's ironic that the high points were when three bikes ran out of gas, and _stunner_ the winner didn't.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote