Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   New Garage (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4316-new-garage.html)

sarnali2 02-27-2007 12:52 PM

Re: New Garage

Nothing too it, youjust put it all around the walls and leave the middle open for the bike....

Neal 02-27-2007 12:57 PM

or the teenage son!!!

GrufRude 02-27-2007 01:32 PM

For a lift, I got the Harbor Freight full-size motorcycle lift for my garage and it works very well. Foot-operated hydraulic and it will put the bike way up where you can work on it. All steel so it weighs about 400 pounds and will handle bikes up to 1000 pounds. Often goes on sale for aobut $300 -- I caught it on sale AND had a 20% discount coupon and got the whole thing for $265 out the door including the local sales tax.

seruzawa 02-27-2007 02:12 PM

I've got my old lawnmower parked right next to my Magna right now! It's a toss up as to which one is a worse designed pos. My money is on the Magna. The mower runs more hours between breakdowns.

schizuki 02-27-2007 02:29 PM

I'm getting the distinct impression that Honda V-Fours are less than reliable.

Didn't the Interceptors have problems back in the 80's as well?

Dangerousdave_2 02-27-2007 02:43 PM

Yeah, they did. Almost sunk the whole V-four idea. Apparently the cams didn't get enough oil. The 750 that powered the early VFRs finally got it right. The new 800 is only a slight variation on that same engine, the newest without the gear driven cams that was the VFR trademark. Many of us old farts consider it blasphemy, but it would be easier to swallow if they also had another 100 cc or so.

schizuki 02-27-2007 04:17 PM

Y'know, this would make a damn good article.

Tadgh 02-27-2007 04:38 PM

to answer some questions:

there are no real money constraints..within reason ...no gold leaf on the walls etc..

the size of the shed is dictated purely by planning regulations in the area where i live..thats the maximum size i can have...

the flourescent lights for sure, painting the inside white is a good idea ..and the hooks from the ceilings for spare bits...

i was hoping to try rack or shelve up high to keep most of the seldom used stuff out of the way..

the shed is well insulated so thats not a problem and i though the outside overhang area i could perhaps fix a compressor to and run the hoses inside ..

no lawnmowers, no gardening tools ..the dog gets an occasional pass if its raining hard outside and he wipes his feet..

i have started the poster collection already and i have spotted a nice mini refrigerator that should hold enough beer to get through a big end replacement..!

if MO are looking for "freelance" articles i am sure i could take a few pictures as the project develops for a small fee.....

thanks for the ideas ..some good ones to mull over for sure

sarnali2 02-27-2007 04:49 PM

It is total blasphemy, a '97 VFR with a D&D can on it a full yank sounds like a funny car blasting off, a chain cam variable valve '98, well...doesn't

I didn't have oil problems with my '84 1100 Sabre or my '97 VFR. Both of them had rec./reg. smoke-outs on a pretty regular basis..

The_AirHawk 02-27-2007 08:35 PM

I'm getting the distinct impression that Honda V-Fours are less than reliable.

Didn't the Interceptors have problems back in the 80's as well?

Say it ain't SO! That's the specific configuration of God's Bike(tm)! There is NO WAY that there ever was, or ever WILL be a problem with the Magic V-Four.........