Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #31
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Default Re: Things that make you go... WHAT???

"Just who do they think they are - allowing a man the Right to Self-Defense?"

Indeed, not "their" right to give or take. Rather more than slightly presumptuous of "them" to try to give us something We already have.

The "Stand your ground law" merely sets legal protections for someone exercising their right to self-defense.

Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #32
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Default Re: Hoo Haw!

Until the "plan" to circumvent the electoral college gets enough states to sign on any meaningful chances for third party candidates won't be happening. The Crooks represented by the two major parties have no interest in sharing the wealth with other viable parties.

By God! If the President was selected by a popular vote of the People that would be like... Democracy!

Maybe these powerful forces would facilitate this change for the good of the Country? Good one.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #33
SRMark
Founding Member

I ride in the Romney/Augusta area quite a bit. The West Virginia eastern panhandle is absolutely beautiful country full of wonderful people. This was big news when it happened. Sorry to see the results. Most West Virginians are great folks. I don't think this is anything more than one more indication of how wrong the court system can go. Please don't let this serve as an indictment of West Virginia or West Virginians. When the weather gets a bit nicer, I invite you all to come ride Rt. 50 and surrounding roads. YouÂ’ll have a great time, as I so often do.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Can't have any of this self-defense malarky going on here. Next thing you know people will be defending themselves from the tax collector!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #35
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Other interesting factoids

And now it's switched sides, all the racist evangelical nutjobs vote republican.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #36
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

There's actually a powerful online movement happening which is being built by political insiders, powerful campaigners who have worked for centrist candidates in congress, to create a new third party. They're not concerned about what the platform is at all; they just want to make a third party, they're building the skeleton structure and drumming up support. Expect to see some serious noise about this eventually.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 02-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #37
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I was removing the bullets from my gun so I could clean it.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #38
SRMark
Founding Member

I believe they call those "tars" in WV.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #39
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

So is it legit? Or is it a fabricated third party by one of the two main parties?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #40
ewok1
Founding Member

What always strikes me is how quickly so many lives can be uprooted because of one mindless act. Any punishment could never fit the crime. Here the culprit killed two innocent people and apparently badly injured another. Then you have the survivors, the families and friends of the victims. And finally you have the famly of the culprit, who now have to deal with a woman, who does not seem to "get it", newly homeless and destitute due to her negligence.

A complete failure of "being aware" had rapid and devestating consequences. I pray I never find myself in this situation, but as my wife says, if it can happen to anybody, it can happen to you.

I'm sorry for this, but more for what happened than what did not happen.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote