Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #41
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Go see Ghostrider

If it was directed by Fellini it's not a biker movie.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #42
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

"Long way round" was good too.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #43
ewok1
Founding Member

I paid almost 20 bucks so we could see this movie. That was just for tickets. the watered down soda and popcorn was about 12 more.

I thought it was so bad it was almost good. But not quite. I really liked Raising Arizona and i keep waitng for Mr. Cage to make another movie that good. but alas. If I sold my soul to the devil I would have held out for one of those ducati motogp replicas.

I am currently reading Neal Peart's latest book. I don't remember the title. Mr. Peart is the drummer for Rush. Rush is a band.

Mr. Peart talks, in the book, about meeting Nicolas Cage after a Rush concert in 2004. He reported that Mr. Cage asked him to sign an earlier book by Peart, entitled Ghost Rider. In Ghost Rider, Mr. Peart details his travels aboard a bmw gs in the wake of his wife and daughter dying within a short period of time.

I recommend you read the book Ghost Rider.

I just wish Mr. Cage rode a 2007 GSXR 1000 in the movie. that woulda been cool.

ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #44
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Here's why

Oh I forgot about the race thing.. err I was kind hoping you guys well too.. na just kidding..

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #45
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I saw Wild One again recently, and I don't think it aged very well. All the hipster talk sounds ridiculous now. Easy rider was kinda dumb the first time around, I thought. The whole 'hangin with the hippies' business was just lame. On any Sunday and World's Fastest Indian get it. The others don't.

IMHO, of course.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #46
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Why in the hell aren't we...

Yeah, what is the deal with news articles? Is the squid the only one submitting anything? Isn't there supposed to be, you know, a staff, or something to maybe test a bike now and then?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #47
ksquid
Banned

Default Have a favor to ask of you dad. Can you ask Fonzie to...

Can you ask Fonzie to make "kpaul" a legal handle/userid on MO on my behalf.. See my account expires soon I would kind of like to have my old handle back.. I have been a good boy well sort of ...

"Welcome ksquid, your account expires in 16 days. Please Renew! "

The diabled son you never had

kpaul..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #48
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default GSX-R1000 with the new eletronic multi-output power....

[b]The GSX-R1000 may be uncomfortable, but, it comes equipped with what may be a new standard in the industry,

Eletronic multi-output power control, sounds like a great idea, any of you guys, and gals ever tried to ride a bike with over a 100 HP when the rain just started falling and all that oil and crap is on the road will know exactly what I mean.

Or how about the time your back tire is down to the last bit of tread and you are limping back into town and you give it too much gas out of a corner and strip off the last bit of tread.

It would be nice to be able to eletronically tame the beast for just such situations.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #49
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I had forgotten all about "Little Foss and Big Halsey" or whatever it's name was. I thought the scene where the little guy ended up stranded in the desert because Halsey appropriated his chain was pretty damn funny. I would put it about #3.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #50
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

The closest thing to Raising Arizona we are likely to see anytime soon is My Name is Earl. Check it out.