Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   MO Exclusive: Buell Announces Intent To Bring ''Off-Road'' Bike Within Two Years (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4277-mo-exclusive-buell-announces-intent-bring-off-road-bike-within-two-years.html)

The_AirHawk 02-01-2007 05:08 PM

Re: MO Exclusive: Buell Announces Intent To Bring ''Off-Road'' Bike Within Two Years

Hey, HEY! - '76 Cordoba was my first car. It was a dark metallic green, chrome wire wheels - glittered like a jewel ('til it was crashed). My buds called it "Moby 'Doba" (long before Ehrenberg ever "coined" it).

No Rich Corinthian Leather - but the PO had installed these fugly faux green "Ostrich Skin" seatcovers in it. I never did manage to get rid of those things.......

priday 02-01-2007 05:37 PM

Re: MO Exclusive: Buell Announces Intent To Bring ''Off-Road'' Bike Within Two Years

AMEN!

nesbit 02-01-2007 05:40 PM

Clever, HD will market the Euro-bound XR1200 engine in sheep's clothing as a Buell "dirtbike".

schizuki 02-01-2007 07:29 PM

My father had a powder-blue Cordoba with a white interior.

Yes, he was Italian.

ewok1 02-01-2007 07:57 PM

i feel your pain. it doesn't matter, dance wth the one ya brung.

schizuki 02-01-2007 08:04 PM

Did you know the Ducati Supersports are not sportbikes? It's true. Air-cooled, low-tech, sub-100 horsepower engine. Not a sportbike.

tripleripple 02-01-2007 08:26 PM

Why are they branching out? I'm still waiting for Buell to build a bike I, and 95% of other bikers, aren't asking for. Enough with the dirt aspirations, can we please get something track oriented that is too uncomfortable to ride on the street. Seriously, your current model line is based on this old, reliable, rideable engine with lots of torque. Enough already!! I mean, diversify (but don't diversify).

tripleripple 02-01-2007 08:34 PM

The Ultimate Mopar...

My first car, I inherited from my great grandparents.... '92 Dodge Ram full size conversion van. Raised roof, limo lights, tv, vcr, nintendo (the original). Two captains up front, two in the middle, bench seat in the back that folded down at the touch of a button. Built-in coolers in the back (DO NOT EVER give 16 year olds an automobile with this feature!). Had that big V8 and rear wheel, though. Fried the tranny from 'neutral drops' ("I swear dad, I don't know what happened"). MOPAR BABY!

tripleripple 02-01-2007 08:37 PM

Oh Yeah...

...my friends called it the "Sin Bin".

silentgrayfellow 02-02-2007 12:27 AM

Name that Buell

How about Dirty TT?

Oh, that does sound dirty, doesn't it?

Maybe it will end up being "Dirty Joke", depending on how it performs