Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #31
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Exclusive: Buell Announces Intent To Bring ''Off-Road'' Bike Within Two Years

Yeah, what's with those XB9R and XB12R lemon-meringue pies?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #32
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Exclusive: Buell Announces Intent To Bring ''Off-Road'' Bike Within Two Years

"Hey Chrysler always had good engines and engineering right?"

Yeah, who can forget the Cordoba and the K-Car?

I mean, I'd like to. I just can't.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #33
schizuki
Founding Member

I'd be happy if they put a Ulysses-ish tail section and hard luggage on the Lightning Long.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #34
schizuki
Founding Member

"LOL Along the Lighting theme there "Grounded" which is where they will probably end up."

That's what "Earthed" means. Airhawk's going British on us.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #35
seruzawa
The Toad

People say my ZRX1100 is a sportbike even though it has less power and torque than an XB12 and weighs more and doesn't handle as well. I guess that Ninja500s and Thruxtons aren't sportbikes either.

I get confused. What is the arbitrary definition of a sportbike? And who is the authority on this that we all must bow too? Since SWMBO doesn't care I have no guidance on this issue.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #36
Neal
Founding Member

No...all that went to Cagiva . The original Cagiva MXR250's were based on the Harley MX250.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #37
pplassm
Founding Member

What is this? Isn't this announcement two months early?

I remember the last HD dirt bike (not flattrack). Aermacchi MX250. What a pile. A guy tried to give me one for free in 1982. If I had a place to stire it for 20 years I could have made some money.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #38
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Gabe's Speculation...

I seriously doubt Buell will try to get into the MX game...remember Cannondale? I believe the MT500 dual purpose bikes you refer to were Built by Armstrong under license to Harley,but I could be wrong. Buell dirt tracked and I think ran TT's with Blast powered framers.....I know they've played with some hopped up motor mods. My best guess is they will try to come up with a short track/TT Bike and a Supermoto......but I'm not the GMP so who knows.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #39
pdad13
Founding Member

How could you forget rich Corinthian leather?

I know I can't.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #40
Neal
Founding Member

Ive got an MX250...its not a complete pile. I also have a 77 CanAm MX3 250 and the HD actually has more motor but Handling kills it. If they had kept with it (i.e.:not sold Aermacchi to Cagiva) I think they could have had something. The MX250 powered flattrackers stayed real competitive well into the 80's.