Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   MO Exclusive: Buell Announces Intent To Bring ''Off-Road'' Bike Within Two Years (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4277-mo-exclusive-buell-announces-intent-bring-off-road-bike-within-two-years.html)

schizuki 02-01-2007 02:48 PM

Re: MO Exclusive: Buell Announces Intent To Bring ''Off-Road'' Bike Within Two Years

Yeah, what's with those XB9R and XB12R lemon-meringue pies?

schizuki 02-01-2007 02:50 PM

Re: MO Exclusive: Buell Announces Intent To Bring ''Off-Road'' Bike Within Two Years

"Hey Chrysler always had good engines and engineering right?"

Yeah, who can forget the Cordoba and the K-Car?

I mean, I'd like to. I just can't.

schizuki 02-01-2007 02:52 PM

I'd be happy if they put a Ulysses-ish tail section and hard luggage on the Lightning Long.

schizuki 02-01-2007 02:53 PM

"LOL Along the Lighting theme there "Grounded" which is where they will probably end up."

That's what "Earthed" means. Airhawk's going British on us.

seruzawa 02-01-2007 03:18 PM

People say my ZRX1100 is a sportbike even though it has less power and torque than an XB12 and weighs more and doesn't handle as well. I guess that Ninja500s and Thruxtons aren't sportbikes either.

I get confused. What is the arbitrary definition of a sportbike? And who is the authority on this that we all must bow too? Since SWMBO doesn't care I have no guidance on this issue.

Neal 02-01-2007 03:38 PM

No...all that went to Cagiva . The original Cagiva MXR250's were based on the Harley MX250.

pplassm 02-01-2007 03:42 PM

What is this? Isn't this announcement two months early?

I remember the last HD dirt bike (not flattrack). Aermacchi MX250. What a pile. A guy tried to give me one for free in 1982. If I had a place to stire it for 20 years I could have made some money.

Neal 02-01-2007 03:49 PM

Re: Gabe's Speculation...

I seriously doubt Buell will try to get into the MX game...remember Cannondale? I believe the MT500 dual purpose bikes you refer to were Built by Armstrong under license to Harley,but I could be wrong. Buell dirt tracked and I think ran TT's with Blast powered framers.....I know they've played with some hopped up motor mods. My best guess is they will try to come up with a short track/TT Bike and a Supermoto......but I'm not the GMP so who knows.

pdad13 02-01-2007 03:51 PM

How could you forget rich Corinthian leather?

I know I can't.

Neal 02-01-2007 03:59 PM

Ive got an MX250...its not a complete pile. I also have a 77 CanAm MX3 250 and the HD actually has more motor but Handling kills it. If they had kept with it (i.e.:not sold Aermacchi to Cagiva) I think they could have had something. The MX250 powered flattrackers stayed real competitive well into the 80's.