Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Landspeed Record Biodiesel Bike To Be Star At Biodiesel Conf. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4272-landspeed-record-biodiesel-bike-star-biodiesel-conf.html)

ajenkins 01-31-2007 07:58 AM

Re: Landspeed Record Biodiesel Bike To Be Star At Biodiesel Conf.

Very cool. Maybe one of the mainline metric cruiser producers will produce a v-twin that will get 120 miles per gallon of corn oil. Two-wheeled picnicking gets so much easier, too: just attach a fryer basket to the crankcase & voila. The possibilities are endless. Bad for the arteries, but endless.

Buzglyd 01-31-2007 07:59 AM

Sounds like diesel bikes are slower than Harleys.

Sportbike fans outta love this. I say we make it mandatory and then we won't have to worry about father/son duos terrorizing the streets on sportbikes at 150 mph.

Buzglyd 01-31-2007 08:00 AM

I just want the concession stand for Stain Free Dockers and pocket protectors at this conference.

Fenton 01-31-2007 08:10 AM

Tiered biodiesel, you can't just jump straight to corn.

longride 01-31-2007 08:17 AM

I'll go with Horn Rim glasses repair. I can retire after a day or two at the biogeek conference.

schizuki 01-31-2007 08:21 AM

Isn't that just a piece of white tape? Nice mark-up.

ksquid 01-31-2007 08:23 AM

Pictures of the bike

"Introducing Die Moto, a custom-built performance diesel motorcycle capable of running on diesel, biodiesel, or straight vegetable oil (SVO) fuels."

Readmore , see the bike and watch the video

[b][i]

kpaul, the GMP, predicts and then it happens...

HelterSkelter 01-31-2007 08:38 AM

I'm hungry.

Everytime a biodiesel powered vehicle goes by me I have an overwhelming urge to go the chippy. What's wrong with me?

BrowningBAR 01-31-2007 08:41 AM

You know, I would really like an alternative to oil. At the very least it would create a competitive market and prevent OPEC from acting like the Mob.

But none of these concepts ever really make it.

The Hybrid cars currently do not even get the claimed gas mileage that has been widely reported.

I keep seeing these supposed concept cars that get a hundred miles to the gallon or some other marketing ploy claim.

About 5 years ago I saw a report on a Chrysler convertible sports car that supposedly ran on hydrogen or some alternative fuel. And it was visually appealing and performance oriented. Yet I never heard about it again.

And WHY do 99% of the alternative fueled experiments have sh!tty visual designs. Just because it's different doesn't mean the design needs to look like a 60s sci-fi movie.

schizuki 01-31-2007 08:46 AM

Re: I'm hungry.

"Go the chippy"? Is that a British thing?