Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-31-2007, 03:00 PM   #111
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: How much biodiesel is needed to get us off the oil addiction?

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2007, 03:02 PM   #112
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Landspeed Record Biodiesel Bike To Be Star At Biodiesel Conf.

Yeah, there are still reserves to be found, no question. The problem is that some of those new finds are in four or five thousand feet of water, and are gonna be more expensive to produce. I hear there's some stuff in Alabama that they no about, but it's so sour and under such high pressure that they don't have the technology to produce it yet. Canada and Venezuela have huge amounts of really crappy stuff that will eventually become economically viable too. It just probably ain't gonna be cheap.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:06 PM   #113
schizuki
Founding Member

Hey, it's not like California owes its very existence to the oil companies. And they're not exactly "car crazy" there, either, y'know?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:10 PM   #114
schizuki
Founding Member

I've been on this planet for forty years, and two things I've learned not to believe: utopian dreams and apocalyptic screams.

BTW, "addiction to oil" is a retarded term. That's like "addiction to blood" or "addiction to air."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #115
schizuki
Founding Member

I'm imagining an alternate Earth where bread costs $10.00 a loaf and forests have been plowed for farmland to feed our insatiable addiction to biofuels. But a ****eyed bunch of dreamers has an idea for turning petroleum into something called "gasoline"... and it will solve all of our problems...

Old 01-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #116
seruzawa
The Toad

If everyone think that smog is bad just wait until they are knee-deep in horse shyt again.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #117
seruzawa
The Toad

My mother told me years ago about the doomcryers during the 30's who 'proved' that the apocalypse was 'tomorrow'. There's always someone screaming that the sky is falling. Heck, every single year the media nuts tell us that the world's weather is "weirder than it's ever been". This sort of crap has been going on ever since Og needed an issue to keep the other cavemen in line with. "Make me Chief or Mastodons are going to rise up and stomp us all!"

BTW, have you caught those commercials that cry that gold is going to be thousands of dollars an ounce any day now? We are supposed to run out and buy a lot of it... RIGHT AWAY! Before it's too late!

Well my question is, if this is true then why are they selling it and not buying it themselves?

Hint: For someone to win in the Commodities Market someone else has to lose.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:50 PM   #118
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Here is great chart about prices and who are the big fleet users in Seattle

Yeh...winter time gets a little slow
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #119
schizuki
Founding Member

"My mother told me years ago about the doomcryers during the 30's who 'proved' that the apocalypse was 'tomorrow'. There's always someone screaming that the sky is falling."

There's an article in a New York newspaper from the 1890's warning about the threat to civilization from the exhaustion of coal deposits.

"Heck, every single year the media nuts tell us that the world's weather is "weirder than it's ever been".

Ever read journals from the 18th and 19th centuries? Plenty of weird weather talk.

You want weird weather? 1816. Snow in the summer. Took years to get back to normal. All this paranoia about global warming, and one volcanic burp will render it pretty f***in' moot.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #120
schizuki
Founding Member

Whattaya mean, "wait"? The warm-mongers are producing metric tons of it. There's a steaming pile of it that just got nominated for Best Documentary.