Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Jesse James to Pay Fine for Violating Air Quality Law (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4259-jesse-james-pay-fine-for-violating-air-quality-law.html)

The_Boy 01-27-2007 09:11 PM

Re: Jesse James to Pay Fine for Violating Air Quality Law

My question is What is the reasoning his bikes do not meet the Carb emission laws? Basically he is using a harley based engine. If I remember correctly Harley's design is actually quite clean without any trickery like catalytic converters. So is this just because he didn't get them certified before hand, or are they really polluters?

svtech 01-28-2007 01:27 AM

No real need to say, "Sorry".

Next time you visit that part of the country, somebody like kook will be nearby to give you mouth-to-mouth if you first succumb to those other air quality violations.

I'm not from LA, either.

My territory is pure as the driven snow.

And, at this moment, colder than a witch's secondary induction turbo intercooler.

We're still debating where and when someone can smoke a cigarette.

I say, conserve the ash for fertilizer and send the tars to refineries to harvest the residual hydrocarbons.

That way, my Winstons will not only taste good (like a cigarette should), but they will also do good and solve the fossil fuel/global warming conundrum.

If there's that much excess carbon dioxide being spewed into the atmosphere now, just where did the "extra" carbon and oxygen originate? Were there that many dead dinosaurs, and, if so, what the hell were they smoking?

Off topic?

No more so than the multiples that contribute nothing but noxious posts to this motorcycle site.

seruzawa 01-28-2007 03:15 AM

Ha! I'll bet that's it. A bunch of lunatic zealots got their pants in a wad because JJ was too dumb to file the paperwork! LOL!

seruzawa 01-28-2007 03:16 AM

Zealots are soooo easy.

pdad13 01-28-2007 04:28 AM

Remember that some H-D's are running very lean from the factory to make emission's standards. You probably wouldn't want to keep them that way. Plus, if JJ is using H-D clone motors, which I believe he is in at least most of his bikes, they're not exactly the same, especially the huge ones.

There are also at least some custom bikes that are technically sold as display items and not actual vehicles. (Okay, I shouldn't really say technically because I'm sure I'm not getting this exactly right.) I gather this is an attempt to get them around warranty, emissions and liability issues. I've heard of at least one person who bought a custom chopper from a very well-known builder a couple of years ago and was horrified to learn that his sales contract said the bike was only intended for display purposes. This was after his frame kept breaking. Should have read the contract before buying it, I guess.

The_AirHawk 01-28-2007 04:35 AM

This is all very well and good, but how will it affect the price of Crack down on the corner of Hollywood and Vine?

schizuki 01-28-2007 05:06 AM

"Pay Up, Sucker."

schizuki 01-28-2007 05:18 AM

Re: Help is on the way: the times are a changin..

* Strength is out and Olympic boycotts are in.

* Falling crime is out and turnstile justice is in.

* Falling teen pregnancies are out and state-subsidized bastardy is in.

* Single-digit inflation, unemployment and interest rates are out and double-digits are in.

* Economy-driving lower taxes are out and economy-strangling higher taxes are in.

* The last vestiges of individualism are out and Mommyism is in.

* Realism is out and utopianism is in.

* Morning in America is out and Malaise is in.

(Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?)

schizuki 01-28-2007 05:46 AM

"You don't get it? BrowningBAR isn't a liberal. Therefore he is a dittohead...i.e. listens to Ruch Limbaugh every day and takes his orders from the Vast Right Wing Conspriacy"

Don't forget "Faux News". And throw in some stuff about "neo-cons" too. For the full effect you need to sound like the Aflac duck.

For a bunch of individual thinkers, they sure do talk like a flock of parrots on a feedback loop.

The_AirHawk 01-28-2007 05:59 AM

Re: Help is on the way: the times are a changin..

KPawl, wer iz thu best plays in Seeatle tu by Crak?