Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #41
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: Lead Follow or Get out my way..kpaul's answer to the

Right about spelling? Or did he hit a nerve....

clively is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #42
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

It doesn't matter. My days of arguing with him are through.

Please MOfos, don't antagonize him further simply on my account.

His slings are knotted and tangled, and his arrows and barbs are blunted by his own hand.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #43
Buzglyd
Founding Member

And don't forget the doofus who had the expert driver training program crashed his car into someone.

My driver's ed teacher was my high school basketball coach. The simulators were fun though! I just floored the throttle until it reached an indicated 100 MPH and the teacher started yelling at me.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #44
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: U.K. riders are smarter

Well I'll have to disagree with you there young GPTB member.

Marketing only gets you so far. H-D makes a nice product. H-Ds core buyers are people who have already owned one. You don't get repeat customers of you're all hype and no substance.

Don't forget the Japanese fall all over themselves trying to copy that "hype."
Old 01-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #45
ksquid
Banned

"But the primary reason Harley sells so well in the US is Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. If they had done the same in the UK or Europe, you'd see a LOT more Cruisers on the road, I'd bet. " Don't think so..European's use bikes for transportation and the pleasure of riding and touring on twisty roads. Not cruising on straight flat roads from one poser bar to another.. Don't believe the GPTB.. I have been to Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.. they haven't at least not lately..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #46
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

H-Ds core buyers are people who have already owned one. You don't get repeat customers of you're all hype and no substance.

Perhaps, but how did they grow from that core? What about the veritible feeding frenzy that Steale... erm,..... Dealers in the '90s had over customers: "I can't sell to you, you don't live within my sales-region". Or the "I expect to see you in my Dealership AT LEAST once a Month. Within six months, if you've spent $3000 or more on accessories and T-Shirts, I'll put you on The Waiting List". This kind of crap went on not because Harley made such a great product - it was all Marketing Hype, selling the "Lifestyle" to some schlub who had more money than brains, vying desperately to fit-in and be seen as "Billy Badaz".

Don't forget the Japanese fall all over themselves trying to copy that "hype."

I'll not argue with you there. The Japanese Manufacturers have "bought in" almost a badly as the American Consumer. Harley makes a good product - and they've come a LONG way over the years. But it's not THAT good. Neither are the Japanese Copies, for that matter. They're Cruisers, fercrapsake. Possibly the MOST specialized niche in Motorcycling.

Well I'll have to disagree with you there young GPTB member.

At least we can disagree on something and not make it our life's goal to "prove the other person wrong at all costs, even dignity and credibility".

Even though you are..........

[b];^p~
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #47
ksquid
Banned

At least you had a driver's ed teacher, textbook, homework, videos, and simulators.. Kids now don't cause of the baby boomers ripping off the last and next generation thing.. i.e. budget deficits..
Old 01-12-2007, 06:42 PM   #48
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The 90s hype was simply a function of supply and demand. H-D produced 110,000 bikes when I bought my first one in '96 (at MSRP and no waiting list mind you).

The raping and pillaging was at the dealer level. I mean if someone offered you 5 grand more than your bike was worth you wouldn't take it?

I can remember walking into dealers that had zero new bikes to sell. The factory responded by tripling production and now you can find any bike you want with no wait. Heck my local dealer is offering a Destroyer at 5 grand off MSRP.

My Electra Glide doesn't perform like a Tuono but then the Tuono doesn't perform like my Electra Glide.

Click here here and here for links to myself saying the exact same thing. If I moderate my own post upward and link to it that makes me an authority.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #49
ksquid
Banned

Now you are using the force Luke.. i.e. using your brain.. The GPTB is the dark side.. Your European analysis is wrong but this post is better...

Regards,

kYoda..
Old 01-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #50
Fenton
Founding Member

I really wanted an online persona when I joined. Then I found out I can't make knee jerk comments out of character.

I was only out of character with big****, he just rubbed me......uh the wrong way.

It's a good thing this site isn't some flame war, my balls are bigger site.

You not responding to kp will give me an extra 20 min. a day. If BrowningBar and Buzz leave him alone it will be like day light savings time in January.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote