Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-12-2007, 04:13 AM   #91
bross
Registered Member

Default Re: What makes a motorcycle a ''Chick's bike''?

My wife finds the same thing, there aren't a lot of bikes available that work for women. She's on her 4th bike: Honda Shadow 750, BMW F650, BMW R1200RT, and now she's riding a Ninja 650R. It was funny when one of our big wigs in our company in another town, knew I rode and told me he and a buddy had just bought R1200RT's. I told him, "Hey that's what my wife rides!", his reply "Great!, now I have to tell my buddy we ride chick bikes!"
bross is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2007, 04:23 AM   #92
zenjim
Registered Member

Default Re: Seriously

What's a Barbican? Is that like a grill?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:36 AM   #93
ironbutter
Founding Member

Assuming you're in the US you see more women on Harleys for a very simple reason that has nothing to do with "chick bike." There's more of EVERYBODY on Harleys because they sell more full-size motorcycles than anybody in the US.

I like Sportsters and agree they are not chick bikes (any more than any other motorcycle) though I own a touring bike due to the distances I ride. The girlie bike label comes from RUBs who might have bought one but were peer-pressured into spending twice the money on a Big Twin they didn't need. They had to have it because of a neurotic need look as macho as their peers in the Starbuck's parking lot and/or have something between their legs which fits the definition of "big." Telling themselves (and others) the Sportster is a chick bike makes their payments a little less painful.
ironbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:44 AM   #94
zenjim
Registered Member

Two chicks at work - one rides a CBR600 and the other a Honda Shadow 750. To get to the original point, both are height challenged, but both had the bikes lowered, which maybe some folks don't know about when they go to buy. The girl with the Shadow is still on tippy toes though.

On another chicks on bike note: So one day I'm following an SV650 and the chick riding has a that real girly pink ICON leather, a blond pony tail going down to her waist, and a form that looked all kinds of fine from where I was. Chicks on bikes are hot. If it wasn't for my sons pointing out that we were following her way past where we needed to be I would have proceeded with an inquiry into her social status/ telephonic communication. I told my sons, "Boys, when you meet a girl you can't take hom to Mom, bring her home to Dad."

Old 01-12-2007, 05:56 AM   #95
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Well, here are the bikes I have seen chicks on...

Fear those gay people, I hear they make you gay.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:59 AM   #96
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Buell's XB12 can be bought in a factory-engineered "low" version, which is quite friendly to shorter folks and tons of fun to ride. And of course most any bike can be taken to a pro suspension shop to be lowered an inch or so. But I can't think of any other factory-lowered sportbikes other than the Buell... anybody? (Not counting the V-Rod, of course).

My three biking girl mech. engineer friends at work ride: a) new Vespa b) Yamaha scooter c) an R1. Ahh, Debbie, I've tried to keep up with you but you just dust me every time...
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:01 AM   #97
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I ran into a woman riding an sv650s and I mentioned that I ride one too. She said, "Really? It's not too small for you?"

I still love it, but now I know it's a chick bike.

He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #98
orcyclist
Founding Member

Right on. I even hate the word "chick." May be a personal problem, though. Are blue jeans "chick" pants? Lots of "chicks" wear them. This whole thread is wieird.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:52 AM   #99
orcyclist
Founding Member

I bet he has big chicken strips on his tires and goes quickly only in a straight line, if he is like other closed minded squids.

CBR 900RR? Aren't those antiques?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:57 AM   #100
orcyclist
Founding Member

Include Yamaha FZR 400's in the list. I love walking away from the squids on it. It REALLY gets their goat when I pull off the helmet and they see my gray hair and realize I am old enought to be their Grandpa!

Wanna upgrade your bike? Learn how to ride!