Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Choose Your Swiss Army Bike (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4185-choose-your-swiss-army-bike.html)

obandoj 01-02-2007 03:39 PM

Re: Poll: Choose Your Swiss Army Bike

Forget about Code, if you want your money's worth see Reg Pridmore, class act, real instruction, no attitude, the best!

obandoj 01-02-2007 03:43 PM

Re: Choose Your Swiss Army Bike

Do not worry, you will pay 3 times more for valve adjustments :)

Cdogman 01-02-2007 03:44 PM

I gotta wing (GL 1800) to learn on.Fun, Lotsa toys now, then gotta Vulcan 750 for play, fun bike. Then gotta FJR1300AE. If I hadta keep just one, Feejer would be it. I think I am into super sport touring. Wanna see the new concours too, Gotta

Fenton 01-02-2007 03:50 PM

Re: Poll: Choose Your Swiss Army Bike

I've enjoyed Reg a couple of times at Infineon. The guy is flat out fast two up.

pplassm 01-02-2007 04:21 PM

Right now, I'd have to say my DR-z400s fits the bill nicely. I have other street-legal dirt bikes, but they attract too much attention, and are not meant for long term street use.

The DRZ is ubiquitous enough so I don't get the evil eye from the cops, and it will cruise all day on the highway at 75 or chug down on some single-track when I want it too.

Vlad 01-02-2007 04:38 PM

My bike is my preferred choice, even though I think the WeeStrom is a great second choice. I have a Buell XB12Ss, which I have modified to carry the Ulysses seat, tailpiece, and luggage. So I get a low XB12X (an XB12Xs?). Keeps the CG low and my feet reach the ground.

It handles, gets great mileage, is low maintenance and has been quite reliable.

Francis

Rforre 01-02-2007 04:42 PM

I think a mid-weight bike with good wind protection makes a good all arounder. I had a K75RT which was a dog of an egine and transmission, but I learned to appreciate the utility and comfort of locking hard bags and full wind protection on cold nights, on a bike that wasn't a huge beast. The Honda Deauville would be perfect if they would sell it here, the new BMW800 in-line twin with windshield and bags looks interesting. You can take the bags off and these bikes are still small enough for windy roads or downtown urban manouvers.

SprintSTer 01-02-2007 05:26 PM

KLR650. That's how Kawasaki spells versatile.

shines43 01-02-2007 05:35 PM

Suzuki V-Strom 1000. This bike does it all without being pretentious. After 2 harleys, a bmw touring bike, an kawasaki zx-10 (the real one from 1989), and a yamaha fj1200 with abs, this is the best balanced bike I've had. Pretty light, great handling, wonderful engine, and with stainless brake lines the brakes are great too.

The_AirHawk 01-02-2007 06:24 PM

Why bother ripping the plastic off? Just attend a trackday and enter yourself in the "Intermediate" group with about 65 squids on their 600's and at least 4 or 5 will throw themselves down in your path to help you get rid of that pesky plastic..........