Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #21
cls
Registered Member

Default Re: Choose Your Swiss Army Bike

I've also owned a lot of bikes. For me, make it a KTM 625SMC Supermoto. Too much fun, on- or off-road, high quality, great handling, responsive power, too cool, and, did I mention, too much fun! Elemental, performance motorcycling, at its finest (For the masses, anyway.)!
cls is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #22
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Poll: Choose Your Swiss Army Bike

I read right over them like a conversation. I rarely ask someone to spell a word on the phone. Although spigot and spicket confuse me a little.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #23
mikenomad
Founding Member

Hmm. The value of a Swiss Army knife depends on how many tools it contains.

Going by that gauge, a BMW would be high up there because it comes with such an extensive tool kit (at least they used to), and at the other extreme, Harleys don't come with ANY tools (because they're so trouble-free and nothing works its way loose, I guess).
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #24
KLRer
Founding Member

I'd go with a sumpermoto too, Husqvarna or KTM probably. Mostly around town riding with preference for secondary roads rather than freeways when I do venture out.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #25
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Say "Recognize Speech" and "Wreck a Nice Beach" back to back quickly - hard to tell them apart.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #26
acecycleins
Founding Member

LOL
Old 01-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #27
ksquid
Banned

2001 ZX-6R ... Seriously it was a great commuter and has ergos like VFR.. I do like the 07 black ZZR600 version

Wish Honda would make a new VFR with updated 800 cc MotoGP V-4, light as a R6, ABS, traction control, hard-bags, Blue tooth Heads up display Shoei helmet with anti fog screen...perhaps optional GPS... I'd pay $12,000 grand for it..

Good topic mikenomad..Ok back to exile for me before the GPTB Wild Weasels come and remove my only remaining eye..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #28
johnnyquest
Registered Member

My current bike (which is my first and only bike, i'm still a rookie with 2yrs/ @21000 miles under my belt) is a pretty good swiss army bike....it's a 1990 BMW K75S with hard bags. My next swiss army bike (SAB??) will likely be a Multistrada 1100 with hard bags. I've always wanted a monster but don't have the space for two bikes, so the MTS is what I'll get. Wifey told me I could have a new bike when I retire from the military in 2009, I'm gonna try to make it happen in 2008 instead. The cruise and the diamond necklace I just got her will hopefully get me some points....hehe.

JQ

Oh, and BTW this is a great topic, I'm looking forward to hearing from people who think a Victory Hammer, a HD Ultra Electric Fat Wide custom glide, an MV Augusta Brutale, and a Hayabusa are the best SABs..... Just kidding, individuality is what makes motorcycling (and this website) great.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #29
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I'm happy with my SV650S. Bandits are slightly cheaper though.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #30
ccmun
Founding Member

I have a 2000 ZX6R which as KPaul knows is a great all-rounder. However, I have the itch for something new and am considering three Bikes, and at 40+ yrs old, i need something that can serve as a daily commuter, long distance burner and occasional track day scalpel.

1) Ducati S4RS: Well its a Duc!

2) Concours 14 :Too heavy for track days??

3) BMW R1200R. Might be just right...

I will be attending the CW bike show to check them out...if they dont impress, then I may just rip the plastic off my Kawi, add bar risers, a new paint job and call it a day.
ccmun is offline   Reply With Quote