Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Global Warming: Another Benefit of Heated Seats (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4178-global-warming-another-benefit-heated-seats.html)

BillyO 12-30-2006 02:18 PM

Re: Global Warming: Another Benefit of Heated Seats

Aw shucks, up heah in Northern NH we walked five miles to school in winter , no shoes

and up hill both ways.

BillyO 12-30-2006 02:20 PM

What are you doing in a monastary living with Dominican monks, riding a motorcycle ?

BillyO 12-30-2006 02:27 PM

Think I'll post again. This time truthfully. in 1966 I would ride my 305 Super Hawk in winter to see my girlfriend,a "zesty wench."

In NH a 40 mile round trip in January can be Might Cold. We would try to "GET TOGHER"

for a roll in the hay.

There was absolutely no way that I could perform a manly deed. Hell we could not even find the little man.

jmgtriumph 12-30-2006 03:01 PM

okay never read readers comments when drinking yourp 3rd New Glarus Fat squirrel and never respond or make a comment.

You guys never stop. Haa hhaaaa hahah.

yes i have ventured out freezing days -last yr on my honda sabre ( 1985) with a small Men Carhart suit(my wannabee aerostitch) and layers and layers for about an hour with a sun

in the middle of the day.

No heated seats or etc.

Went out this year. 96 Triumph Trident. Not heated except the engine which didn't help because it is a naked bike. I'm a girl so nodthing to prove except that I am crazy.

Holy_Kaw 12-30-2006 07:31 PM

So, you're a crazy biker chick...

You say that like it's a bad thing!

TheFox 12-30-2006 08:19 PM

Crazy drunk biker chick. AND she digs the euro metal. That's motivating.

--Foxy

khomboleman 12-31-2006 12:29 AM

Well, the last time I was in the US during winter, I got tired of stopping every 30-40 miles to wrap my hands around the pipe and motor so I could feel the clutch and brake levers. This time, I'm getting grip warmers, if I can afford it. If not, well, I'm still riding because I hate driving a car. Unless there is black ice. How do you ride through that? Is it anything like deep African sand?

Corncerning manhood... there is really nothing to prove, for me anyway. I've got four kids. ( o:

sfcdjevans 12-31-2006 03:19 AM

I am going to have to look into this as well. If I weren\'t so lazy I wonder if higher output alts might not be a niche market waiting for a couragous entripuner, yes I know that I can\'t spell. Or is it that lazy thing again.

BrowningBAR 12-31-2006 06:14 AM

Re: Actually it was Dr. Cook not Peary

That\'s odd. K-Hole Labeled me a Dipstick. He seems to be taking things to seriously.

I guess Rule #6 doesn\'t apply to K-Hole.

The_AirHawk 12-31-2006 06:37 AM

Hell, that happens to me in the Summer........