Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-28-2006, 02:14 AM   #81
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re:

Hey, the Dems are in power now. Everything is going to be all right. No worries. They'll fix everything. For 6 years they told us they could, now let's watch em do it.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2006, 02:22 AM   #82
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Clean Air Plus More Fuel: Pond S***** to the Rescue!

I find it more amusing to whine about the war for oil in Iraq and cry about the crime it is that are soldiers are dying for oil, and then run down to the local gas station and fill the ol' SUV up with unleaded premium and complain about the price. I wonder how many of those that don't like this war actually stopped using petroleum products? I bet it's the EXACT same amount that left the country after Bush was re-elected. Classic whining wihout action. Conviction before courage every time. This crap is like the junkie that complains to the pusher that he doesn't like the drug producers tactic of killiing innocent people to get the product here. Oh, by the way man, the price of a rock is a bit high these days, ain't it? Oh, the irony. The junkies crying about how unfair the drug lords are.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:12 AM   #83
seruzawa
The Toad

What perspective? 150 Americans die every day in car crashes. 50 are murdered. 3 die in Iraq.

Another interesting stat: 10 times as many people die of prostate cancer than die of AIDS. Yet AIDS research spending dwarfs prostate cancer spending. And AIDs is entirely avoidable! If you thought corporations were trouble you'd just better avoid looking at NGOs.

And since when did Greenpeace and the Sierra Club become anything less than the rich multinational corporations that they are? Why do vicious lefty corporations get a pass? At least Standard Oil doesn't have as it's goal the elimination of 95% of the human race through starvation.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:18 AM   #84
ksquid
Banned

Default Uncle Sam wants longride.

Boy you are such a hypocrite. First you have never served in the armed forces. Second you were gung ho Bush fan. You defended the war, his reckless fiscal policy, and his pitful Katrina response. Hey longride go volunteer to the Army I heard they are giving folks up to 50 now a waiver. Geez longride you are starting to sound like those chickenhawks Bush, Cheney etc.. Never served
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:32 AM   #85
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I got him again, didn't I? Twice in one day!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #86
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: People are fat because...

Really? I know I'm a bit younger than most on this board, but I can remember as far back as kindergarten that on every classmates birthday there was cupcakes and birthday cake (up until about 6th grade). The cafeteria always had those mini-doughnuts, ice-cream, sloppy joes, hot dogs, pizza, ultra syrupy juices, and mac & cheese. And this was before Pizza Hut offered their pizza. And before Coke made their way in.

I'm talking the original, greesy, oily, awful tasting crap that cafeterias used to shovel the kids.

I have some serious doubt that it has to do with big corporations offering their good, no matter how crappy they are. Because cafeteria food was, at the very least, no better than what they are pushing.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #87
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: BTW

Buzz always takes a break from rocking the world and goes to the gym.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:13 AM   #88
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: The GMP, kpaul, does it again..

Let me preface this with; I didn't vote for Bush either time. Ok? Everyone got that?

But I sort of took it as an announcement that looking for real alternative solutions to oil will now take place. Whether you agree with the direction or not is a different matter.

But it does seem since that announcement, every major car company has tripled there alt-fuel car production and R&D.

No one has come up with a great product yet and it seems that the main direction they have chosen will never solve our reliance on oil, but since the announcement things have been done. Just not great things.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:13 AM   #89
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Uncle Sam wants longride.

For which branch of the Military did you serve again? Peace Corps? ROTC?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:22 AM   #90
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: The GMP, kpaul, does it again..

I don't know what you mean. I'm just quoting a great comic.