Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #21
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Victory Garners 5 Stars From JD Power Study Results.

Don't you get tired trying to suck your own ***** all the time?

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #22
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Hoo ray I think

Let me get this straight - you own a Harley, an Italian V-Twin, and an Italian I-4, and you've tested numerous bikes for the Net's biggest motorcycle site, and you somehow think your opinion carries some sort of weight?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

A fouled plug is pretty-much "par for the course" on an aircooled engine. At least it's easy to pull and clean/change on the Buell. So far as the seal - things like that happen randomly to EVERY make and model of Moto. Even 2001 ZX-6 Ninjas.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:14 PM   #24
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I too have an appreciation for how far Victory has come - they don't make bikes that are my cuppa' tea, but I applaud what they've done for the industry. It's caused Harley Davidson and even the Big Four to realign their own standards - raising the bar for one style of Moto brings others up as well.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:54 AM   #25
rwven
Registered Member

Thanks schizuki, I needed that laugh.

rwven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:01 AM   #26
maladg
Registered Member

Default Thanks to Buz

Thanks for the most excellent (, Smithers!) insight by looking past the gold thingies to some underlying truth.

I second the congrats/kudos/etc to Victory. Good for them!

As for BMW's - yes! - there IS a "Princess and the Pea" thing going on in BMW land. Not much tolerance for the usual small problems that should be expected in a complex product by the target market. For every whining BMW owning puss, I can introduce you to a non-whining BMW owning puss with umpteen squintillion miles on the bike with nothing but routine service....

Your experiences sort of reflect mine in a way - I've had great service out of bikes one should not expect it from and the converse. Then again, I once also owned a Maico which most certainly lived up to it's nickname - even with Barry Higgins only a mile or so away.

Luck 'o the draw sometimes - or not!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:21 AM   #27
SRMark
Founding Member

I came very, very close to buying a Buell this summer and it was the poor sales staff and local rider experience with service that kept me away. JD's ratings were consistent with my experience there. While the Buell is a very easy bike to maintain, when something goes way wrong with it, you gotta have some support.

I've bought Hondas, Yamahas and Kawasakis new locally and my experiences parallel JD in every respect except that I have an excellent Yamaha dealer and their sales and service are both stellar.

But what really struck me with all the JD stuff is just how well (across-the-board) Victory did relative to those very well established and reputable companies. Outstanding job there Victory. Come out with something a bit more maintstream (and they won't sell) and I may consider buying one. Your current product mix just doesn't do it for me. I'm on a cruiser now but I'm hoping it's just the result of a brain tumor and will soon pass.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:24 AM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

Well, Buz is probably lying about his bikes and experience, like that Neal character with his "Y'know, I rode a ZZR600 and found it a little peaky" nonsense (my B.S. meter went off the scale with that one - a ZX-6R/ZZR600 is not only a perfect sport-tourer with Harley-crushing torque, but it will get out the most stubborn grass stains and make perfect julienne fries.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:30 AM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I suppose living in my mom's basement arguing Star Wars plot lines with my fellow losers would have been helpful as well but the wine was upstairs.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:48 AM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well dipshyt used to say he didn't believe I had a Ducati either. He'd say all H-D riders claimed to have a Ducati.

Dude's got bucketsfull of money from that huge Boeing salary and yet gets in trouble for spending $70 on a windscreen.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote