Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-14-2006, 04:33 AM   #51
maladg
Registered Member

Default Corporate taxes - what a joke

Corporations don't pay taxes. Their customers pay the taxes when they buy the product or services. Corporate income tax is a hidden consumption tax on individuals. Individuals pay all taxes - period. QED.

Gabe, you get an F in logic and basic economic logic.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2006, 04:36 AM   #52
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: Corporate taxes - what a joke

Oops. Gabe gets a F in logic and basic economic FACTS.

I should never discuss economics prior to my 2ed cuppa.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:54 AM   #53
maladg
Registered Member

Default and another thing....

All this whining about debt is misplaced (whining about taxes is NOT misplaced - as Milton Friedman said, "if taxes are cut and revenue does not fall, taxes were not CUT ENOUGH!)..

We have about 110 trillion in total assets and an annual GDP of roughly $13 trill....sounds like an annual return of 12 ish % on our investment to me -and to the source of the numbers, Ken Fischer...so we have PLENTY of national credit space available to us especially considering our spending on the transportation backbone has not nearly kept pace with our population growth.

Jeez, this country needs to hang a few brain dead pols just to get the attention of the others, ie a Roman decimation of pols...we need to sell a pantload of long bonds and build WAY more interstate grade roads, upgrade exisiting roads to include dedicated truck only lanes (which has the DELIGHTFUL byproduct of getting the dumbest, most self centered drivers on the planet away from the rest of us solid citizens), deregulate railroads the way trucking and airlines were in the dim dark of the Carter (what a loser) years.

However the NIMBYies and ninnies amongst us will not let it happen.

MOrons, it is over. We are doomed. The dumbing down of America is now fully complete. We have lost. Not enough people are left who have even the most basic economic and political literacy. The rightie kooks of the 50's and 60's were right about one big thing - it would happen from within.

Ok, team. How is THAT for a bloviation? I was shooting for a 9.0 on the old hysteria scale.

Did I succeed or do I need to retreat to the drawing board?

Nyuck, nyuck!
Old 12-14-2006, 04:56 AM   #54
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Minneapolis Tries Charging for Faster Road Lanes

Did you know DIA is actually in Kansas?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:01 AM   #55
maladg
Registered Member

Default Taxes as a tool for social engineering

You'd have to be dumb as a stump to NOT understand the simple connection - tax and you get less of what yer a taxin' and tax it less and ye gets more.

You have to be even DUMBER than a stump to not see that when you tax something more that is a necessity - like movement - you will get more cheating.

Taxation to change behavior is the absolute dumbest thing we do to ourselves.

Bah! Humbug!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:12 AM   #56
Haelo
Registered Member

Requiring specific driver training and vehicle safety inspections (with a corresponding special license and license plate(?)) for the use of faster lanes seems like a better idea to me.
Haelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:14 AM   #57
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Got any ideas?

A couple.

First the cities could set up websites where people could share carpooling information. One of the problems with commuting is that even if you want a carpool very frequently, if not most often, no one who works where you do lives anywhere near you live. People wanting carpools could post where they live and work. You might find a couple of people who live near you and work near you. The money for the people who run this site could be generated by firing a couple of the relatives of the mayor who are drawing paychecks while staying at home.

Next... get rid of the monoplies that the bus systems and cab companies have created. Allow anyone who wants to to get an operator's permit and run their own shuttle service.

Another one... for example in Salt Lake City the fares cover less than 10% of the operating costs of most public transportation systems just make the buses free! Once again the money for this can come from a layoff of some of the armies of govt employess who serve no useful function. At a conservative estimate at least 40% of govt employees are superfluous. The amount of hours public employees spend actually working on the job is less than half of the private sector. I'm sure many other cities have similar situations where of the public transport system is taxpayer subsidized.

There's no need to rape the taxpayers to free up money to solve some of the transportation problems. Simply lay off govt employess. 33% would never be missed. Especially the higher positions. Let these lazy incompetent time servers fend for themselves. They certainly don't care how much they oppress the working people through their bloated salaries and fat retirement systems.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:27 AM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: You are a Genius at disingenuousess!

If you and three other guys decide to order pizza do you split the costs based on how much money you earn? Of course not! You split it evenly.

I'm just illustrating how out of control govt spending has become. $40,000 spending per family isn't enough?

BTW I've purged myself of all Marxist belief. And, no I don't believe that people who earn more should have to pay higher proportions of their income. However the reason for the overspending is obvious:

"A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only last until the citizens discover they can vote themselves largesse out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that the Democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, to be followed by a dictatorship, and then a monarchy."

That's where we are right now. On the downhill slide with the average person clamoring for free stuff and not even caring where the money is going to come from.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:31 AM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Don't stop now.

How many millions do they rake in from gas taxes? Perhaps they might have money to fill the potholes if they didn't have the goombahs of the public employees union to appease.

There is no shortage of public money. It is a myth. There is only corruption of epidemic proportions. Schemes to generate more public revenue will only provide more bucks for the existing corrupt entities to pi$$ down more ratholes.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #60
seruzawa
The Toad

Jeez. I haven't been able to get past the "scarce public resources" sidesplitter".