Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   Misc News (
-   -   Long Motorcycle Police Chase in North Houston. (

The_AirHawk 12-13-2006 05:22 PM

Re: Long Motorcycle Police Chase in North Houston.
"Tooele is situated fairly close to the Dugway Proving Grounds where they've been storing mustard gas and other chemical agents since WWI. Currently they are burning these agents in a furnace not too far away."

You might be surprised at the number of Armories scattered across the continent that are doing "disposal duty" right now. One of the largest is in NW Arkansas - on the Fort Chaffee Proving Grounds. They're disposing by incineration of enough weapons daily to kill every person in a medium-sized city, but it will be nearly a decade before they're finished with the job.

Gritboy 12-13-2006 06:43 PM

I've had several car and moto cops let me off or dramatically reduce the speed on the ticket by being very frank... not smug, just honest. My only really bad cop experience was with a moto cop who must have just missed his anger management class... what a prick.

Mind you... that was in the past. I've been ticket-free for about 10 years now (fingers crossed).

Gritboy 12-13-2006 06:56 PM

Had it been a skilled rider he'd be gone regardless of the bike's displacement. Of course, on a 950 Supermoto he'd have been able to bob, weave and climb over some of that crap. Not that I saying he should... just could. ;-)

gforces 12-13-2006 09:11 PM

My mom's 1985 Plymouth Voyager was beige
It was such a piece of cr*p, my mother had replaced the Mitsubishi 4-banger in it twice before selling it to the next door neighbor who used it to cart around kids for their daycare business--I felt sorry for those kids and counted all of 12 days until I saw that van pull into our street on the back of a flatbed, engine toasted again. There's just something seriously wrong about putting a 1980's Mitsu 4-banger into an American minivan.

pplassm 12-14-2006 02:34 AM

Welcome back! How's the water?

Haelo 12-14-2006 04:29 AM

The other day I got pulled over in a school zone and the cop said, "Did you know there's a 15 mph school zone back there?"

And my honest answer was, "Isn't the school on Conlan?"

Cop: "No. We're in the parking lot."

Me: "uh."

He gave me a warning.

Must be a Christmas thing.