Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Carefree AZ Posts Warnings of Anti-biker Noise Law.

Before you embarress yourself further, I'll point out that all three of them have noted time and again, as have I that we run either stock or quit aftermarket pipes on our bikes.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #22
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Best Post Yet!

Well sh*t, here I am sticking up for you guys a few post up and your doin' fine on your own down here....Oh well, never mind.

Excellent Post / good use of facts and data / ***** yer old lady-daughter-sister-grandmother-family pet in a beat up van on a dirty mattress under a bridge, etc.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #23
ksquid
Banned

Excellent Point... Seriously thanks
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #24
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Best Post Yet!

...down by the river... LOL Good one..
Old 11-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #25
mii54ws
Founding Member

As much as some love to make noise, democracy means that the majority sets the rules. Noise makers are not in the majority, unless one restricts the population to cruiser motorcycle owners. Let's just act responsibly and keep our motorcycle exhaust noise to a reasonable DB level. I've been behind some HD's, in particular, that even with my full coverage helmet, the noise was very loud; too much so for me.
mii54ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #26
mii54ws
Founding Member

I posted to this article previously and then almost didn't read the other posts, thinking most would be from the noise makers. To my astonishment, nearly all are in my "camp" of less noise. I am still puzzled as to how those of us who hate loud pipes (bikes AND cars) can help change the culture of "noisy bikers" short of lobbying for a new tough law in our states.
mii54ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #27
ksquid
Banned

Yep I thought there would be some posts from noise makes thus my GPTB bait. Even the neocon loving W's Weasels of the GPTB* hates loud pipes. Imagine my chagrin. I guess we can write the AMA and say they should support noise laws based on object measures like decibel numbers etc. I wrote them once about my opposition to their efforts to get helmet laws repealed. Never heard a response back. By the way longride I am an AMA member. I just signed up for the bike lottery. so there.

*Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood

W's Weasel include seruzawa, longride and BuzGlyd.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #28
mjs
Founding Member

Amen !

I love motorcycles, all types and sizes, but nothing tees me off more than some dikwad with some waytoloud PIPES.
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #29
giuliom
Registered Member

My boss knows I am a biker and asked me why is it that bikes are so noisy that he wakes up 2-3 times a week at 2 am when a biker goes by his house. I explained the concept of aftermarket products and told him I have a factory pipe precisely because when I leave my house in the morning to come to work, I don't want my neighbors to start the day upset at me. There are very few cars here in my neck of Los Angeles that can produce the kind of noise that a silencer-less cruiser can produce. To me, it's not a question of freedom, but of simple courtesy to others. Yet, the only time that a cop in Laguna Beach (I think) started taking dB measurements, a lot of people got mad at him for being on a power trip.....
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #30
Neal
Founding Member

Most states already have satisfactory laws...they just dont support them with enforcement. If all communities fairly enforced noise laws...not just for motorcycles but everything we'd be better off. The problem is they don't ,and then when citizens complain about loud bikes people support noise laws for motorcycles which are tougher than for other sources and unfair/unduly restrictive. I think enforcing existing general noise laws across the board is what we should push for rather than new motorcycle specific laws.

Side note...my neighbor brought a decibel meter home from work,His diesel pickup read slightly higher than my stock Harley.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote