Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-16-2006, 06:45 AM   #11
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Cool Weather Over pants

I bought a pair of Triumph pants, but don't know who made them ($200). Great in the rain, but they only zip up part way up the pant leg and not enough to put my size 12 boot through them.

Also there is nothing but two velcro straps to tighten them at the waist and that is not enough, so I put suspenders on them and they work great.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2006, 07:26 AM   #12
pplassm
Founding Member

If want a cheap solution, go to eBay and look up ECWCS Pants. These are military issue Goretex pants. Very durable and warm, but no armor. I use dirtbike armor underneath. They are cut large and go over street clothes easily.

Hope you like Camouflage!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:44 AM   #13
orcyclist
Founding Member

A time tested method for avoiding the boots getting caught in the pants is to put a plastic bag over your boots to allow them to slide through without grabbing. That has the side beneift of keeping boot dirt out of the pants. Obviously (well, maybe not, looking at the posts in this thread) you take off the plastic bag when you get your boots through. I agree that there are lots of good pants as indicated. I am partial to Cortec by Tourmaster. But that 's just me. Your mileage may vary. You might also think about putting on the pants before the boots ( I know it's a radical idea.) I keep two pairs of shoes at work and just take the boots off when I arrive. It really is not that difficult, folks.

look at newenough.com for good prices. No, I am not affiliated with them. Just a satisfied customer.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #14
amper
Registered Member

Count another vote for Aerostich.
amper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #15
Gritboy
Founding Member

Just check out http://www.newenough.com/ (good write-ups, prices and photos) and grab a pair of tour master, fieldsheer, firstgear, joe rocket, etc. pants if you're on a budget, or go Aerostich if got the cashola.

As for melting on your exhaust... we'll it's time for a nomex patch on the of the leg you're worried about, unless you want to go leather and smell like mink oil.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:26 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Whining or.....

The Grape Phrophylactic can't wait to claim it was his idea that Aprilia built a V-4
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:57 AM   #17
ksquid
Banned

Default Note to self

Note to self: After beating longride, Buz, etc at Willow Springs, buy MO. Fire longride. Give staff raises...hire full-time.. Add more video articles. Secretly, create new child website catering to GPTB: Make longride webmaster in charge of content. See how long it takes to go under. I say two months...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Whining or.....

Think somebody is working real hard on banning # 3? You betcha!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #19
ksquid
Banned

Default Some advice (Why do I bother)

On what grounds would you ban me this time? Because I criticize your selection of articles to post? That's petty, almost Faux News like. You need to work on the bully thing.. I just think there are more interesting articles to post and Brand X is beating MO to the punch. One of best things about MO is that , even it news gets posted latter on MO there interesting dialog/reader feedback that comes with it. But the articles have to be somewhat relevant and interesting to a broader audience than your GPTB.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #20
ksquid
Banned

Here you go Down on the bottom of the page they list a number of pants reviewed.