Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #51
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Which Bike Beats a Bugatti ?

I used to have a suzuki 500 identical to my friends. He would smoke my ass on his bike, trade me, and beat me even worse. That guy, now riding a Duck, would find a way to beat your average overprivledged white guy with too much money in any kind of car he could drag up. And 60 probably would come and go in first gear, front wheel just kissing the ground now and then.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #52
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Stop drinking at work.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #53
Fenton
Founding Member

Made you laugh.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #54
pplassm
Founding Member

I always preferred the FW190s. Even better, the long-nose "Dora" version. Or how about a TA152H?
Old 11-15-2006, 02:05 PM   #55
TomSmith
Founding Member

Or a ME163 Komet or ME262. The problems were that if the highly volatile rocket fuel leaked in the ME163, you could be melted - most pilots died during landings, not in combat. And the ME262 could be shot down during takeoffs and landings before speed built up. So much for the good old days. You are right that the FW190D was maybe the best, and the TA-152 was great too. The Dornier Do 335 Pheil (Arrow) might have been the best of all, but they couldn't get them built and in action. Good thing that the late war metals were so bad that their engines only lasted a few hours.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #56
TomSmith
Founding Member

How many people do you suppose know what we are talking about?
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #57
seruzawa
The Toad

I've got that book by the guy who flew the 163. It took a big set of cojones to even get in that thing.

My personal favorite from that era has always been the P38F. Before the chin scoop. A very pretty aircraft. The Curtiss F4D runs a close second.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:47 PM   #58
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I hear ya, if he wants to run I'd give it my best shot on what I got, maybe. I can live with that. This is posed as a hypothetical though, I would only half-heartedly try this foolishness at best.

OK, I'd get a used ZX10R, lower it and install a longer swingarm. I would know the timing of the light I'd insist we raced at as well as someone who'd hung out and closely studied it's timing, before, would. I would practice, practice, practice hard launches with this rig, then...

I'd get a waterbased primer colored paint and apply randomly and liberally. Tassels and gaudy (but light) "bling", profusely. Purple "Mohawk" on the helmet, pink windbreaker with pretty bouquet on back, black dress socks prominent with my orange hi-top tennies due to the Outrageous "highwaters".

I'd be as ready as I'd get. While I was waiting for the light to change... I wouldn't be smiling.

I win the bike is ALWAYS parked out front, obviously. I go on with my life.

I lose... I go on with my life.

No matter what... Me and others are having a good laugh... I win (again?). We win.

Hopefully fonzie is around.

This is no hypothetical, I don't "play" with cages while I'm on a bike. There's Darn few "drivers" I would trust that much. Just what I need, some out of control carsquid near me.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #59
jcfritz28
Founding Member

Dodge Tomahawk V-10. At $550,000 USD , it's super economical. At half the price, you only get half the horsepower of the Bugatti Veyron: 500hp. Bummer.
jcfritz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #60
jcfritz28
Founding Member

[b]Boss Hoss 502 with Nitrous.
jcfritz28 is offline   Reply With Quote