Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-06-2006, 07:08 AM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Valkyrie 1800! Who Wants One?

If I wanted a big-ass cruiser with a "unique " engine design I'd buy a Rocket 3.

The Valk was an interesting design when it came out and I'm sure current owners of them are happy, but I think the days of it having any real mass appeal and resultant sales figures are probably gone. Honda has pretty much put their eggs in the V twin basket as far as cruisers go, I doubt we'll be seeing any real inovation or independent thinking from them except in the sportbike line.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #22
Dueducs
Founding Member

That's a two thumbs up in my book.

I'd love to see a new Valk with all of what was great about it plus the 1800 motor.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #23
Wayniac
Registered Member

Default Bring it back!!!

I have a '98 Valk and I love every minute I am on it. Honestly, there is not a Honda product at this time that I would buy new. If I were to look at a new bike, it would most likely be the Triumph Rocket III, or possibly the Yamaha V-4 Venture.

I don't like v twins and will probably never own one, so VTX is out of the question. I also am not a big Gold wing fan. It's an outstanding machine for sure, just not my style (yet, see me when Im 55 years old and then maybe).

I donÂ’t see why Honda doesnÂ’t make a new Valk. They canÂ’t be making any more money on that ridiculous joke they call the Rune now, so why keep making that thing? Oh well, if and when my current ride dies, and I can't find another Valk for some reason, I will go to another maker.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #24
Dueducs
Founding Member

Triumph used the Valkyrie as a model when designing the Rocket III.

There's no reason why Honda couldn't one up them by revisiting the Valk.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #25
maladg
Registered Member

I don't try and read Honda tea-leaves anymore. Too confusing.

Why ain't the ST13 50 lbs lighter???

Why VTEC on the VFR????

Why no 1000cc VFR????

Why no BIG nekkid????

Why no Varadero here in US of A?????

But then you have all 57 flavors of VTX, etc., AND updated CBR's. I suppose I just want all the wrong things. And that's why I'm not a product planner....
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #26
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

A friend has had a decked out Valkyrie for years now. He's looked at and rode a few different bikes and thought about it (Goldwing, Beemer K-GT etc.). It feels too big to me but for him he hasn't found something that he likes better, overall, yet.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #27
wilro09
Registered Member

Me too. I loved my VFR but 800 wasn't enough in todays market to keep it!
wilro09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #28
ksquid
Banned

The universe must be coming to an end I agree with you, seruzawa, and longride on the same issue on the same day.. Did my wife switch my meds on me again?
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #29
ksquid
Banned

Default How about a street fighter.

Hey I was watching Speed TV.. Super Bikes was the show I was watching, I think , Some creative guy from Ireland was making street fighters out of sport bikes, in San Francisco, confirmed what the GMP, kpaul, has been saying all along. That cruisers are on their way out.. Gen Y isn't going to buy cruisers. When that gen gets tired of sport bikes they will head to street fighters based on sport bikes.. So the Valkyrie in it's old cruiser form is as dead as the GPTB's acceptance of new ideas... A street fighter based on the 1800 engine maybe.. Honda's spin on a V-Max..1800 is kind of big though.. Remember folks new ideas start on the West/Left/Blue coast and work their way inward after going to the Blue/North East first.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #30
lionroyboy
Registered Member

If I was still in the market for a new cruiser, I'd seriously consider a Valkyrie 1800. I owned the 1500 Valkyrie and only sold it because unexpected life changes didn't allow me to afford keeping it at the time. I was impressed with the bike's comfort and quick acceleration, for a cruiser. It also handled pretty well, from what I can remember. I have a feeling that the market may be there for an 1800 Valkyrie, being that there are a lot of happy Valkyrie 1500 owners and former owners who would love to get their hands on an upgrade. Maybe Honda would consider giving up some sales on the VTX 1800 and give the Valkyrie 1800 a shot!
lionroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote