Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #81
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Bravo Honda

yeah like terrorism is a new thing just invented. they get lucky once with world trade center and suddenly fighting terror is growth industry of century.

well the good news is people seem to be wising up to abject failure of simplistic W worldview. most people.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #82
Hipshot
Registered Member

Default Re: The Cool, Green Future

When I contemplate hydrogen fueled vehicles, the image of the Hindeburg burning always comes to mind. They don't use hydrogen in blimps anymore for that reason. I hear the govenator is putting hydrogen refueling stations up and down the LA freeways. If they all go at once, it will be like tearing along the dotted line. Aw, what the heck, it's all trying to fall off into the ocean anyhow.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #83
johnnyb
Founding Member

well not to give anybody any ideas, but a lone angry Habib with a big box of kitchen matches could just about burn California to the ground i betcha..
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #84
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Where Does Gasoline Come From?

Excellent Point.. Same kind of agrument is used by the oil people to put down biodiesel.. That natural gas to hydrogen thing is really out of the box creative thinking. According to the GPTB the Japanese are incapble of independent, creative and innovative ideas.. I think the only say that is because the only Japanese products we see here in the U.S. are designed and marketed for the U.S. consumer. Folks say when you visit Japan you see alot stuff they don't sell here.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #85
ksquid
Banned

Yep I am skeptical about hydrogen as well. Biodiesel has more promise in my opinion However, the natural gas conversion to hydrogen used in this article was clever. Seems to me natural gas is less explosive and thus it could be used directly. But natural gas is a finite resource I think. In every hydrogen discussion the problem of how do make all of that hydrogen that would be required comes up. To be honest without nuclear plants creating it out of sea water (like Japan wants to do) I don't see much promise here in the U.S. unless we start building Nuke plants again. France is also looking at it but then you have to ask what about just using electricty made by Nukes directly. i.e. electric cars, electric trains..
Old 10-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #86
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Lesson from the Past

Hey, IÂ’ve got an idea. Why donÂ’t you take a break from managing those excellent UI engineers, start up a successful large company, and run it like the Japanese. Then you could look at the rest of us an laugh and tell us how smart you are because you are no longer an incredibly small, insignificant fish in an incredibly large pond stocked by a humongous company whose incompetent and overpaid upper management only barely managed to build up enough flying machines 60 years ago to chase the Japanese from Pearl harbor to Okinawa and then drop the big one on two of their cities.

I surmise that you are too young to remember the early eighties, when every middle-manager in a large company was forced to study Japanese business models in the hopes that maybe we could be as good as they are at business. Then, just about the time the Japanese bought Rockefeller Center, their economy crapped and stayed crapped for about, oh, twenty years. DidnÂ’t I read just recently that Japanese banks are only now getting back to charging interest on loans? Now there are some smart bankers! Maybe theyÂ’re the ones that sold Rockefeller Center back to Americans for fifty cents on the dollar. Maybe theyÂ’re making loans to smart companies like Honda & Toyota!

HA!

Sure would like to talk to the last round of pencil-neck geeks that made bullet-lists describing the superiority of the Japanese business model. Wonder whose toilets theyÂ’re cleaning now?

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #87
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Long Live the Quadra-Jet!

First automobile carburetor I ever rebuilt was a Quadra-Jet. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. DANG, those parts were small!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #88
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default More Nukes, Less Kooks!

Spent four years of my life no further than 100 feet away from a light water reactor. Didn't hurt me - much. Anyway, I can buy lotsa' gas for my motorcycle with all the money I save on flashlight batteries!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:24 PM   #89
ksquid
Banned

Yep you nailed it. First time I heard it put that way. Perhaps you are due for an Op Ed in the LA Times,
Old 10-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #90
ksquid
Banned

Seriously...