Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-25-2006, 04:38 AM   #91
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Re: The Cool, Green Future

They don't 'make less power', the voltage just drops, and not all batteries do that. Alkine and Nicad's do but Mercury, Lithium and NiMH keep a pretty steady voltage untill they're drained.

Some modern electic cars use Lithium ion batteries that can be completely charged in 3 or 4 hours and are good for 250 miles.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2006, 04:41 AM   #92
Gluge
Registered Member

riiiiight that's why you can buy them, yet the 'real' solution hydrogen cars is still unavalible?

as of this moment you can buy decent electric cars, 250 mile ranges, 100 mph..
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Old 10-25-2006, 04:43 AM   #93
Gluge
Registered Member

yea batteries do suck compared to gas right now but they are improving, they might not ever be as good but they will get better.

BUT they're still a ton better than hydrogen tanks !
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Old 10-25-2006, 07:48 AM   #94
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: More Nukes, Less Kooks!

Got it! Worked 3 "Outages" Plant St. Lucie, FL, 1 as site coordinator for Nuclear Support Services. I don't know if "glowing" is a good thing but it is handy at times. I'm guessing salt water was All around for you.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #95
lwatcdr
Founding Member

Default Re: Where Does Gasoline Come From?

Sorry to argue with the all knowing kquid using noting but chemistry and physics. Get a grip. Thinking out side the box isn't always a good idea. Sometimes it is just silly.

Converting natural gas to hydrogen is just not the best of ideas. Sorry if the facts of the issue get in the way of your wants.

lwatcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 AM   #96
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Roger That!

aahOOHgah
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #97
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: The Ignorant, Green Future

Remember that once your unemployment benefits run out you are no longer considered unemployed. Broke and homeless maybe, but not unemployed in the eyes of the Gov.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #98
DougandCarol
Founding Member

One more math related conversation.

95 KW converts to 70 HP...but they are not telling us the efficiency of the motor...probably 90% at best... 63 HP.

At 188 ft-lbs of torque for a four seater.... A hopped up Vespa with an overweight driver might be able to win a 1/4 mile drag. IMHO...This car will be just OK for a short urban commute. Given the US market...can you say Hemi...I doubt this car will have much market appeal beyond the first test drive!

I'll keep riding my Wee-Strom and driving ye old oldsmobile at 29 mpg on snowy days.

DougandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #99
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: HONDA'S TRACK RECORD

"...based on the decisions they've made and the resulting phenomenal success and growth of those decisions"

Like the PC800! And V-TEC on the Viffer, and the failure to unnaturally aspirate the S2000.

Honda wants to be green now, do they? How about they start with the f-ing lawnmowers and weed-whackers? My high school buddy had a 90-year-old grandma who chain smoked unfiltered Pall Malls and she polluted less than any piece of Honda's lawn equipment.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #100
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

That's a good point. I just got rid of my project '78 Eldorado Biarritz. Got one of them new-fangled Honda Fit things. Not a bad little car. It get 25 in the city, about 31 on the freeway. But my fiance's '99 Taurus gets 22/30 real-world and my beloved mother's '95 BMW 525 wagon gets 21/32 real world. Where's the ever-increasing effeciency? My car is newer, lighter, runs a smaller engine (at about the same revs for a given gear and road speed), is pretty aerodynamic (so tehy tell me) and doesn't do any better than much larger cars 5 or 10 years older in the milage dep't. What gives?