Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   New U.S. Transportation Secretary Is A Biker Too. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4004-new-u-s-transportation-secretary-biker-too.html)

seruzawa 10-18-2006 10:25 AM

Re: New U.S. Transportation Secretary Is A Biker Too.

It's not perfect there! It's inexcusable!

The USA and Israel are expected to be perfect! Any other nation can engage in the most evil of acts and they get a complete pass from the useful idiots.

ksquid 10-18-2006 10:38 AM

I agree. I guess that is what make me nervous about our dependence on ME oil. Only Turkey is the only other democracy in the region. At least Sadam would sell us oil. What if a pro Iran government comes to power in Iraq. Like Donald Trump said on Larry King. "Sadam hated terrorist. Yes he was creep but he was contained and a known enemy. The war was a mistake, now we have created a breeding ground for terrorist."

ksquid 10-18-2006 10:50 AM

Hey I am a Republican but not a Bush Republican. I would say I am fiscal conservative (but that means balanced budgets not this W spending crap). Ford, Nixon, Rockafeller, Bush Sr. were moderate Republicans. Clinton just happened to go along with a sane (as apposed to the current insane) Republican congress i.e. balance the budget.

ksquid 10-18-2006 11:03 AM

Hey I just think we should of taken a different much leaner approach to the whole terrorism thing. To lump all the terrorist together is wrong. Bin Laden and his gang our the terrorists. Not Sadam, Iran, PLO, N. Korea etc. It should of been a manhunt not a WWII invasion thing. I agree with Rummy that the DOD needs to be more agile and lean but I don't think that a lean force is what you use to invade and occupy a country. i.e. you need boots on the ground. But the invasion should of never taken place. Read Ralph Nadar on that subject. I don't agree with Ralph on other things though. But on the war I think he was right.

ksquid 10-18-2006 11:05 AM

should read are our terrorists (i.e. our enemy)

Buzglyd 10-18-2006 11:54 AM

I'm writing my congressman (although I don't know who it is since Duke Cunningham went to jail) and telling him that everyone needs "landing gear" under the general welfare clause.

Dangerousdave_2 10-18-2006 12:41 PM

I would guess that there are more people that quietly think Timothy McVeigh is a martyr than both of those other groups put together.

Tigercub 10-18-2006 12:45 PM

I don't think so. There's no future in being a suicide bomber. They can't really do much damage to the USA anyway. We're too big. The vast majority of people around the world don't really realize how big we really are.

But, that doesn't mean we shouldn't play nice and reducing our dependence on foreign oil (what are the Dems waiting for?) will help the most frightened among us relax a little.

SuperBill 10-18-2006 12:48 PM

The benefits of abandoning the "send-the-gas-tax-money-to-DC-and-beg-to-get-it-back" scheme would be enormous. How many things were shoved down statesÂ’ throats by threatening to withhold federal highway funds?

Liddy Dole did it in the eighties and forced states to raise the drinking age to 21 – now a young American Fighting Man can’t legally buy a Bud to wash the sand out of his throat after 13 months of killin’ Arabs, fer chrissakes!

Remember the helmet law strong-arm? And how about those stupid "Greenway" projects funded by gas tax dollars?

I canÂ’t think of a single, solitary thing wrong with keeping highway dollars in the states where they are generated.

Now that that rant is over, didjaÂ’ check out the riding gear on the new cabinet babe? Polyester slacks and jacket, shiny shoes, no gloves, ax-murderer shades, decorative flat-black helmet. No way is she gonnaÂ’ mandate stupid stuff like leg protectors on motorcycles!

(And by the way, can one of you Harley Guys tell me what that shiny metal thing is thatÂ’s hanging down under the right crash-bar? Curb feeler?)

Buzglyd 10-18-2006 12:54 PM

Wrong.