Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #51
ksquid
Banned

Default David and Goliath

longride really pissed me off today.. don't get me started.. I could get mean with him but action speak louder than words.. You get MO to reserve the time on the track I'll be there to bring down the bully..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 PM   #52
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default More bad news for KP

Air America filed BK.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #53
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Fuel Mileage: Is It Important You?

It better be a synthetic, with those kinds of mileage intervals.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #54
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: More bad news for KP

LOL but So what.. Hear in diverse, highly educated, high-tech, high-income, intelligent, Seattle the top rated talk station KIRO-710 has a progressive slant. Ron Reagan, Dave Ross (does CBS radio network commentary), Jr. etc. Air America probably had a bad business plan etc. I am Republican anyway...why would I care? Have you checked out Boeing, Amazon, and Microsoft stock lately. Seattle is just superior because of its tolerance of diversity and it's love of innovatie ideas, free thinkers, and most importantly intelligence... i.e. thinkers and doers. Very unlike red-state Southern California.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #55
TomSmith
Founding Member

My Kawasaki Mach III (H1E) gets 32mpg at every speed from 25 to about 80. Then the mileage starts dropping. My 1998 328i gets 31 on Interstates at 80mph, and about 17 going from my kids house to mine (800 ft altitude gain in 4 winding road miles). Not much to choose from. Which do you suppose would be better all around - a 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100 or a 2007 Triumph Tiger?
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:27 PM   #56
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: More bad news for KP

Of course Seattle is superior. You live there. Everything about you and connected to you is superior. Your elegant house in the finest neighborhood, your wise choice of bike, your ripped physique, your uncanny prescience, your courageous firefighting, your racetrack prowess, your superior education... I could go on and on. And with all of that going on, you still have the time and inclination to share with us on such a regular basis, and to show your superior humility by purposely using misspellings and garbled syntax in your posts.

Some might say all of this grandiose talk and excessive engagement masks a deep-seated and desperate insecurity. I say nonsense; when you hear the unmistakeable pocketa pocketa pocketa of a ZX6R, you will know you have seen, proud and disdainful, Kpaul the Great Motorcycle Prophet, inscrutable to the last.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #57
schizuki
Founding Member

"Waiting for Chrysler to build one."

I know I'll be sorry I asked, but - why Chrysler?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #58
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I don't see how world demand can ever go down again, over the long haul, unless we have a massive economic collapse. The Chinese are now the worlds largest manufacturer of motorcycles, and have started getting interested in cars. India is moving along the same path. They don't need as much energy for heat, but I'm guessing they will want air conditioning real bad. Over the long haul, I don't see how energy prices can do anything but go up.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #59
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Strange; I had been reading all this stuff about oil prices passenger/mile evaluations, and it took me a minute to realize that you had actually answered the original question. Talk about economy of words, and staying on topic! When you checked back later (you know you did, admit it) did you feel like you were so '5 minutes ago?' It's ok, it happens to me all the time.

Old and In The Way
Old 10-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #60
stlarson
Registered Member

By massive oil fields I'm talking about something like the Ghawar, Burgan, or Bolivar fields. Everything else is pocket change by comparison.

As for lowering prices, my point exactly.
stlarson is offline   Reply With Quote