Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #21
ksquid
Banned

Default Best rider in AMA road racing history. Period.

Strictly speaking it is not even close.. For AMA road racing he is truly the best. If you go look at the motocycle hall of fame site or current ride bios
Perhaps we have anti-Aussie thing going on here on MO. No that would never happen
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #22
MJRex
Registered Member

Default Re: Mladin Donates A GSX-R750 For Haskovec Benefit.

Mladin is a class act as well as a hardcore professional. His accomplishments are indisputable, and this is a great gesture.
MJRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #23
MJRex
Registered Member

Default Re: Best rider in AMA road racing history. Period.

Nice gesture from one of the best riders you'll ever see. He's a hardcore professional and a class act.
MJRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #24
ksquid
Banned

Default New Rating kRRI

kpaul Road Racing Index.

Mladin = 120

Miguel Duhamel = 64.28

Miguel is great but he only won one Superbike championship and multiple Supersport and FX .. and has been in the series longer than Mladin.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #25
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Mladin.

KPAUL:You didnt say "best Superbike racer" or "most successful Superbike racer";you said "greatest AMA roadracer". There was roadracing in AMa prior to Superbike....if you are ignorant (used in the classic non derogatory sense) of this era you should read up before making such broad statements.In the 60's and seventies roadraces were part of the Grand National Series...some guys would dominate the road races but werent as proficient in dirt track and TT so never won championships. For example in 68/69 Cal Rayborn won 6 out of 9 road races. So its very difficult to compare Mladin with racers from this era such as Kenny Roberts,Cal Rayborn,Gary Nixon etc. You,after learning more,may still think Mladin better;I think not. But its definitely inaccurate to say Mladin is greatest without some type of qualifier. And that aint all....even later there were guys like Spencer,schwantz,Rainey,Lawson who excelled in Superbike for a short time but then went to Europe to compete(very successfully) in GP. I believe if one of them had stayed,they would have won many superbike titles. Or how bout Scott Russell if he hadnt gone worlsd superbike. Or how bout Nicky,who beat Mladin in AMA Superbike and then went to World GP? No way Mladin has proven he's the best AMA roadracer ever...if you want to say "arguably ",fine...if you want to say "most successful Superbike racer",fine; but dont ruin whatever credibility you have left by stating unequivocably he's "the greatest AMA roadracer"
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #26
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Mladin.

And by the way,Im not a "Mladin hater". I think he's a great champion; I just wish he had gone GP and established his cred. I also object to crowning folk as "greatest" based on limited scope data.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #27
Neal
Founding Member

Oh JAYSUS H KEERIST!!!!! Thats a low blow and completely unwarranted. I havent seen any MLadin bashing in this thread...just people doubting your assertion he is the "greatest AMa roadracer" I've tried to disagree with your statement in an above board intelligent way without any insults or personal attacks;but its statements like this that make me think the folk that totally dis you and attack you constantly are right.....maybe you dont deserve anything better. Good bye.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #28
ksquid
Banned

I am sorry did I insult you personally. I just a fanatical Mladin fan... I don't think motorcyclist give him his due. Nothing personal, Neal. I just trying to prove my point of view... I don't see why you are so upset. Didn't I make a personal attack.. Neal I like your posts..
Old 10-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #29
ksquid
Banned

Default He did go to MotoGP

But like his fellow Aussie Baylis (my favorite rider), he was a dog bike..

Hayden thinks he could make it.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat_Mladin">

Old 10-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #30
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: He did go to MotoGP

Mladins MotoGP career