Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Why a Buddhist approach to traffic is often best... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3967-why-buddhist-approach-traffic-often-best.html)

ksquid 10-07-2006 09:21 AM

Re: Why a Buddhist approach to traffic is often best...

Yet another reason to wear a full face helment and body armor...

Holy_Kaw 10-07-2006 09:34 AM

That and practicing left-handed marksmanship. If I witnessed this there would have been an "X-factor" in this equation.

The_AirHawk 10-07-2006 09:48 AM

It seems they're not "looking" for the suspect anymore - I'd say they found him.

However, as there seems to be no further action, I'd say he was a City Council member, or the Chief of Police's son, or something. This will be another "What did the Motorcyclist *DO* to that poor man to make him react so?"

Then give him probation, or 25hrs of community service, or a $50 fine. For Assault with a Deadly Weapon, 2nd-degree Battery, Leaving the Scene of an Injury-Motor-Vehicle "Accident", and/or possibly Attempted 2nd-Degree Murder.

sfcdjevans 10-07-2006 11:27 AM

Yup, you've got to practice the"weak" hand.

sportriderjed 10-07-2006 11:40 AM

I do not understand why anyone would let a car catch him and get close enough to run him over after the same cage had just tried to take him out once. Get on the gas already!

As noted above, another good reason to wear a full face helmet and other gear. I doubt the story would read the same way if the guy on the bike had a full face helmet with Icon Timax gloves. My brother has a pair and when I saw them I was blown away...those suckers are crazy mid-evil! I bet you could remove 2 teeth right through the drivers side window in one fell swoop with the full gauntlet version. At least I know I could have in the same situation, had I been unable to loose the bad guy in traffic or through speed.

ksquid 10-07-2006 02:16 PM

Agreed. and those gloves are cool.. good post

longride 10-07-2006 03:34 PM

A helmet on your head is a HUGE disadvantage in a fight. I'd much rather have my helmet in my hand, but it ain't that great a weapon either.

ksquid 10-07-2006 04:36 PM

Against an unhelmeted cage driver dufus? "The problem with these boys is they have never been in a bar fight" Colin Powell when talking about W, Rumsfield, Rice, and Wolfwitz.. goes for you too longride. One thing they teach you in football/hockey is never take off your helmet in a fight... I think a helmet is huge advantage. Think about you can head butt, couple that with some good gloves like those Icon things and a jacket with elbow pads to block punches. I suspect with your physical size you never were in too many fights i.e you used it to intimidate/bully people didn't you cause you still do it here?

Fenton 10-07-2006 05:11 PM

I'll take a helmet by the chin-bar before I wear one in a fight any day. Somebody gets a hold of your helmet while you stradle a 400-500 lb. motorcycle......good luck.

ksquid 10-07-2006 05:40 PM

Reverse logic

Keep your face shield closed dufus.. He smashes your faceshield that becomes evidence..When someone hits me from behind and corners me.. I would be thinking offensive not defensive.. Using your logic Police wouldn't wear Riot ger helmets.. The minute the guy hits me from behind I hit the gas and find place to call the cops. Unless I am cornered then I become completely offensive. i.e he doesn't get a chance to grab anything..