Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Why a Buddhist approach to traffic is often best...

Any car I kick is going to dissappear in the rear view mirror. It's going to have to be one very fast buick to ram me from behind, if there is so much a three foot wide gap for me to get through.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
ksquid
Banned

Agreed.. The minute you stop your bike things begin to go down hill. I took a little self defense/karate (I should have completed it). You only fight back enough so you can flee i.e you don't stand there like Bruce Lee and duke it out like Fists of Fury..Otherwise you get in trouble legally.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #13
ksquid
Banned

Don't get me wrong. The minute you stop your bike you are in trouble. Then you only fight back enough so you can flee i.e you don't stand there like Bruce Lee and duke it out like Fists of Fury..Otherwise you get in trouble legally.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #14
staff
Registered Member

Default Read the MO Article...

That I wrote, ahem, ahem...http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcgabe/...ge/index.motml

Anybody who has read that story will know not to react when a road-rager threatens you...just get the frick out of the area as fast as you can.

I don't care how bad you think you are, or how many guns you have, a guy in a car will run you over flat and dead before you even know what's happening. This is the third story like this in a week, I think.

-Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #15
staff
Registered Member

Default Don't do it...

I used to kick car doors and bust off mirrors, etc. But after doing some research, and paying attention in traffic, I know that somebody really reckless and enraged can track a speeding bike for miles, and catch up to them when they're not expecting it. Think about it.

It happened to my friend Julian Long in 1999. It can happen to you.

-Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:36 PM   #16
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Read the MO Article...

Good reminder Gabe thanks
Old 10-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #17
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Don't do it...

Right I went back and reread the story. When I first read the story I thought the cyclist kicked the car in a defensive manner. If he did it out of anger than that was a bad thing. One time a bicyclist smacked the hood of my car cause he thought I didn't see him. He was using the crosswalk and I think he thought Iwas going to pull forward and hit him. I remember how pissed I was someone touched my car like that..
Old 10-09-2006, 05:45 AM   #18
zenjim
Registered Member

Best road rage incident ever:

A few years ago in Boston some guy was moving his stuff in a pick up truck. Another guy hit his truck and a verbal altercation began. The guy gets out of his truck and reaches into the pickup and pulls out a sword. The other guy runs around the truck then reaches in and grabs the other sword. A sword fight then ensued! Not sure if we're talking Cutlass, Claymore or Katana here, but man, how lucky were those passers-by?