Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Design your own 'perfect' motorcycle. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3938-design-your-own-perfect-motorcycle.html)

James_Brown 09-27-2006 05:20 AM

Re: Design your own 'perfect' motorcycle.

Isn't that pretty much a Multistrada with a few tweaks?

SmokeU 09-27-2006 05:21 AM

Same with Honda UK versus here. Bastards.

Fenton 09-27-2006 05:36 AM

+1

SmokeU 09-27-2006 05:38 AM

Re: My own 'perfect' motorcycle.

So basically you're talking about an FJR or possibly the new Concours?

seruzawa 09-27-2006 05:59 AM

Accessorize!

Any sort of bike will do as long as it has a Phaser Beam Weapon to disintegrate cars that drift into my lane while hte drivers are talking on cell phones, putting on makeup, etc.

Aside from that the bike has to have really really really loud pipes so that I can save as many lives as possible.

Buzglyd 09-27-2006 06:02 AM

Re: Fuel cell bike

I'm sure Al Gore could invent that in about 5 minutes.

Buzglyd 09-27-2006 06:04 AM

Re: Accessorize!

It also has to be completly invisible so you don't have to worry about waving at anyone.

maladg 09-27-2006 06:06 AM

No. The 'Strada is a way cool bike and I wouldn't mind AT ALL having one as a 2ed bike. Make mine a nice, new red 1100S - please!!!!

Strada not roomy enough (I want rangy & roomy for my creaky knees and cranky when not comfy wife). The Strada is seriously seat challenged.

Strada is a bit low on the carrying capacity end, too...down around 400 lbs or so.

I'd answer the same for the ST-3. Also Duc's fall off my "perfect bike wish list" in the maint. area.

Still I sort of agree with you - if I were 5'6" and 140 lbs.

If you read between my lines, I'm asking for a BMW liter class V-Twin. I'll end up settling for a boxer droner, I suppose. After all, I already have one.

nweaver 09-27-2006 06:13 AM

My dream bike: Sprint 675 ST

Start with a Daytona 675. Put adjustable bars which are slightly wider and taller on it, and adjustable footpegs which go lower (to give it the Sprint's seating position, but have the pegs and bars able to go into full "track attack" mode with some adjustment).

Add ABS (with a disable option a'la a GS bimmer), but otherwise keep the brakes unchanged.

Make the front fairing slightly taller to accomodate the different bars & provide more weather protection. Use a double-bubble design for the windscreen.

On the back, KEEP THE SPLIT SEAT. Have an optional hard-luggage topcase which fits on the passanger seat mount point. Have hidden side mounts for sidecases.

Add a centerstand (perhaps).

Now what do you got? A bike you can ride 200 miles to Buttonwillow. Take your gear out and camp.

Adjust the bars, pegs, pull the luggage, and whip out the duct tape. Disable the ABS and ride the track in full "I'm a 600 supersport" attack mode. Camp again.

Put the luggage back on, ride 200 miles home.

bbtowns 09-27-2006 06:14 AM

Actually my V-Strom (1000) is pretty close, but add Ohlins suspension front and rear, hard bags that appear a bit more integrated, and an optional full fairing (that can be easily removed to expose original body work) for foul weather commuting/touring.

Oh, you could put a tuono motor in there I suppose, or the head off a TL1000.