Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
opie
Founding Member

Default Re: Billy Lane charged with DUI

Hero to Zero in my book.

But it wasn't my fault... I was drunk.

B@ll*****. F&ck you.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2006, 06:27 AM   #2
mikenomad
Founding Member

Default Re: NEXT STORY: BILLY LANE GOES TO REHAB, FINDS JESUS

Of course, the next story is that Billy gets probation after agreeing to go into rehab, finds Jesus, tells everyone the Lord saved him, starts building custom bikes for well-heeled CMA members.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:17 AM   #3
bod
Founding Member

A bit Ironic isnt it that he promoted partying and biking and that lifestyle and yet he kills a guy with his truck....SAD... I hope he gets whats coming to him
bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:27 AM   #4
s/cBrian_3
Registered Member

What an *******!

Just goes to show the these chopper builders aren't real motorcyclists.
s/cBrian_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:34 AM   #5
Tigercub
Founding Member

Blood alcohol level was 0.192 - anybody know how many drinks that might be for a man his size?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:06 AM   #6
Sr2
Registered Member

.192 is quite a bit...shows tolerance. Granted it isn't like blowing .300 or higher like some drunks who won't even weave at high numbers. But in my opine if a suspect kills another human while driving drunk then said suspect ought not ever see the light of day after conviction. But I am willing to bet that Billy Lane won't do time if he is convicted. Which sends the wrong message.
Sr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #7
windsorgreen1
Founding Member

Yeah let's paint everyone with the same brush. Come on.... one moron doesn't make the rest bad - Even if they do build butt jewelery.
windsorgreen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:57 AM   #8
bboule
Founding Member

Yah we can stop painting people with that brush when rallies/events stop being sponsored by alcohol companies and everyone attending stops drowning in alcohol.

For a hobby where everyone hears "this doesn't mix with booze" we sure have a problem.
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:00 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Time bomb waiting to go off......

I used to be a media reader for a non-profit in my spare time. One of the things I discovered while reading police blotters is that 99% of alcohol related fatalities are perpetrated by people who are around .02 or higher. Forget the dumb@ss .08 bullshyt. This guy certainly qualifies as a serious public danger. Usually these guys are also driving with a revoked license. So Billy Boy must have been pretty lucky up until now. I'll bet he's been driving while hammered for years. I read about case after case where the perp had been convicted of DUI 5 or 6 times before killing someone.

People who drink and drive like that are eventually going to kill someone. I say, release the non-violent drug offenders and use the jail space for @$$holes like this. But we won't see any such thing. Apparently our jail space is better utilized by filling it with people who pose little risk.

Heck, after this he has a good chance of becoming a Senator. He'd be a shoo-in if he'd gone off a bridge into a river. He might even be President!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Very unfortunate, all around. Foolish, foolish, foolish of Lane to drive under the influence.

I'm hesitant to condemn someone more harshly, as I've done the same in my more formative years. And, I don't know the full story (but it doesn't look like much to tell here). But, I never killed someone - or even had an "incident" while under the influence (however I *DID* get fitShaced-stoopid after my last incident, some 17-18 years ago)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote