Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #11
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Is Gap Insurance Right For You

Hey dude have you checked out the website

You are just flat wrong about interest rates. Clinton and the Republican Congress by balancing the budgets created the lowest interest rates in decades. W and this "Republican" have been fiscally irresponsible. Right now the economy is good cause like my neighbors who feel fantastic when the buy stuff on their credit card only to have to pay it back with interest the U.S is doing the same thing.

I would suggest you probably live in a Red State and are a Fox News Fan. I am a fiscally conservative Republican that thinks Bush has been a disaster. Cheney says deficits don't matter but Alan Greenspan and 99% of the world's economist disagree. Remember Cheney also said that there was a strong conection between Sadam and Bin Laden.

Links that prove my points

Greenspan and deficits

Clinton -Gore Economic record

The Federal Reserve has has only raised interest rates since Bush has been in office. During Clinton they only lowered it.. So your are just flat wrong..

This guy has it right i.e. I agree with this Republican
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #12
ksquid
Banned

Hey dude have you checked out the website

You are just flat wrong about interest rates. Clinton and the Republican Congress by balancing the budgets created the lowest interest rates in decades. W and this "Republican" have been fiscally irresponsible. Right now the economy is good cause like my neighbors who feel fantastic when the buy stuff on their credit card only to have to pay it back with interest the U.S is doing the same thing.

I would suggest you probably live in a Red State and are a Fox News Fan. I am a fiscally conservative Republican that thinks Bush has been a disaster. Cheney says deficits don't matter but Alan Greenspan and 99% of the world's economist disagree. Remember Cheney also said that there was a strong conection between Sadam and Bin Laden.

Links that prove my points

Greenspan and deficits

Clinton -Gore Economic record

The Federal Reserve has has only raised interest rates since Bush has been in office. During Clinton they only lowered it.. So your are just flat wrong..

This guy has it right i.e. I agree with this Republican
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #13
V2Rider
Premium Member

Although I do live in a very red state (Alabama-retired military) I come from the bluest of blue states, Rhode Island. As far as being a Fox news fan, I think they're all full of s@#t. Every news show has a bias one way or the other. I read to get most of my news, from the LA Times to the NY Post. Check out the site below which shows the history of the Prime and you'll see it went up and down with Clinton as well as with Bush. Like I said earlier, I think Bush has been spending like a drunken sailor on his first shore leave.

http://mortgage-x.com/general/indexes/prime.asp
Old 09-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Oh, for *****'s sake Kpaul Cook! Give it a ***** 'n rest all ***** 'n-ready! I mean, FUUUUCK!!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

I sell motorcycle insurance as most of you know. 1- there are many companies that have provisions in policies that clearly state if you bike is a total loss and the bike is less than one year old from date of purchase they WILL replace it at full retail. So ask your agent or company if you don't know. 2- If you can: ask if there is replacement coverage offered> Dairyland and American Modern Insurance both offer this on all new bike purchases and it is effective for the first two or three years of ownership. 3- Because I also work as the Finance Mgr at a Ducati shop I would ALWAYS suggest purchasing GAP coverage if you put less than 20% down on a bike.

People fail to realize that GAP, Service contracts, and Tire and Wheel/Roadside asst. programs are cancellable. Just like an insurance policy, they can't keep what they don't earn. After about the third year on a typical loan your value will usually equalize and the actual cash value and the loan will flip so the value is higher than the loan. So cancel it. People forget about that all the time. The average GAP is sold for between $300-$500. If it's possible pay for it in cash or credit card. There is no reason to pay interest for 60 or more months or that GAP will cost you $150 or more dollars during the length of the loan over the true cost.

My suggestion is buy on all new purchases if you put little or no money down. Otherwise hash it out with your insurace company an see how much fun you have. This is coming from a guy that has to be stuck in the middle of claims all the time. Just remember this: We're just agents. Not the Insurance company, not the claims adjuster. We (the agents) catch sh*t all the time for stuff we have absolutely no control over. I will try my best to make sure my customers are happy but the companies make it pretty tough on us, too. We just sell and service.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #16
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Say Again?

I didn't get all of that. Could you say it again?
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #17
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Say Again?

Thanks, I've got it now.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #18
SuperBill
Founding Member

I particularly enjoyed the "just the agent" rap. Not exactly what you get from the boys on Madison Avenue!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Isn't gap insurance another name for a pre-nuptual agreement?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #20
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You're a pathological liar KP. The Fed raised interest rates numerous times during the 90s.

Why don't you click on the Federal Reserve's website and see for yourself?

Of course I already provided a link for you many moons ago and you countered it with a link to a homemade website by a dorky real estate agent.

Your "facts and data'" are as accurate as a Michael Moore movie.

Oh, I just returned from a ski weekend in AZ. That $2.80 a gallon gas was below $2.50 there until I crossed the border into Blue State CA where it was over 3 bucks.

I think I'll start forwarding your lunatic rantings to Boeing just for fun.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote