Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Make Your Second Car/Bike a Scooter!

Have two "scooters" (motorized bicycles) tucked away next to the weed wacker. Problem is the "real" motorcycles don't get ridden that much anymore...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #12
stlarson
Registered Member

There seems to be a very distinct schism between the scooteristas, sport bike riders, and someone on any type of HD-like cruiser. Clearly it's a problem which can only be resolved in the Thunderdome.
stlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #13
stlarson
Registered Member

Yeah, those damn Harley riders, each and every one is no good. Also, black people need to stop talking at movies, Mexicans are lazy, and white people are the devils minions.

Personally I have a much bigger problem with the twin SUV/land yachts idling next to each other and leaving so little room between each other that you can measure the distance with a gapping tool.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #14
stlarson
Registered Member

A scooter is tempting until I look at the pricing. The 49cc models are okay on the bank account, but 49cc in most of LA doesn't sound like fun. Then you step up to the 250s and pricing jumps into the realm of a 650 motorcycle. Unless you're absolutely terrified of shifting or having a "real" two-wheeler the cost justification seems to be tough to make.

Of course if I came across a used machine at a killer price that would be a better proposition.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #15
conchscooter
Founding Member

I've had my doubts about renewing my subscription to MO - too much macho rubbish and HP counting for my taste- if doesn't have 150 hp you'll get bored with it pretty quick the young Turks at MO tell us. Oh and the scooter prejudice in the noisy ranks! Count me as one of the few that rides a Vespa and a Suzuki 650 cruiser and who really doesn't give a damn how fast MO testers can get around a circuit or how many pegs they can scrape. That i still subscribe is a testament to the depserate hunt for interesting m/c sites during my night shifts- not the quality of the commentary on this site. I'm just one of the old farts that doesn't need to beleive that size is everything.